15 | Did You Feel Any Feelings?

“Scene three, take twenty,” Phillip says, his patience running thin.

He shoots me a frustrated look, telling his assistant to get him some water. I have been nothing but intolerable, not doing this scene correctly. Basically, I have delayed the shooting times. We’ve been at this scene for a good three hours, trying to get it right, but every time we go to the more intimate part, I freak, drop my head and instead place a kiss on Kyle’s cheek.

Let’s just say it’s not just Phillip who is frustrated.

Rhylee, Ariana and Cassie left an hour ago, going back to the house. They told me they didn’t want to watch me suffer. What great people I have in my life.

“Action!” Phillip shouts, sending me flinching. I have never seen him this mad or agitated, and let me tell you, it’s scary.

We walk through the scene again, with me fiddling with the rings on my fingers, a clear sign of nervousness written all over my face. Everybody notices and again the scene is stopped with a, “cut!” and we have to start again.

“This is the last time I’m trying this scene. If we can’t get it right I’m calling off filming for today and we will continue tomorrow,” Phillip informs everybody, his eyes sweeping over everyone’s faces but he makes sure to linger on my face a little longer.

His assistant grabs a cloth from the food table, sending it over to Phillip, who wipes the stress-sweat off his face. He takes a gulp of water, before yelling out another, “Action!”

I take a deep breath, walking into the scene with Bailee. If I don’t get it right now, I’ll let everyone down, and I’m sure they will think twice about casting me for the lead role.

“Look, there’s lover boy,” Bailee giggles, pointing into the distance.

I look over there, pulling a flustered look. “Shut up,” I shove Bailee playfully, making her erupt in giggles, me joining soon after.

I watch as the camera goes from my face to show Kyle’s face, and I use this time to stop my acting to take another deep breath. Once the camera has finished doing it’s close up’s of Kyle, it flicks back to Bailee and I. I put the expression I had before back on my face, starting a conversation with Bailee.

“I should call him over,” Bailee muses, staring at him. “Embarrass you a bit.”

I gasp, trying to make it real as possible. I’ve never been a good fake gasper. “Annabelle Lucy Hopkins,” I warn. “Don’t you dare.”

Bailee wrinkles her nose in distaste, before saying the next line. “Never call me that,” she retorts, flicking her hair over her shoulder. “For that, I’m calling him over,” she sends me a smirk, before putting one hand either side of her mouth. “Oh, Adam!”

I put a slightly nervous expression on my face. That wasn’t part of the script, but then again they didn’t put an action there. I watch as Kyle’s face goes from confused too happy in a matter of seconds. He saunters over with a confident look on his face.

“Hey,” he greets, reaching over to peck me on the forehead.

 “Adam!” Bailee greets back with a nod. “Falice didn’t want me to call you over, but I did anyway.”

Kyle looks over at me, raising a single eyebrow. “She didn’t?”

“No,” I protest. “Anna was going to embarrass me,” I whine like a little kid.

He chuckles, pulling me into his chest. I wrap my arms around his torso, while he wraps his arms around my neck, since I am a lot smaller than him. “I know enough embarrassing things about you that I don’t think anything else are going to surprise me.”