30 | A Month

Around a week after the whole Cayden ordeal, paparazzi have still found it fun to camp outside my house despite the fact that my ex-boyfriend cleared everything in an interview we did last week. 

Most of the nation was in shock when Cayden announced that he was lying about the whole thing. We produced the real story to the hosts of a morning show here in Ohio and we thought things would die down after. 

But still a week later, I'm bugged my paparazzi everywhere. They're there when I leave my house in the morning to go to set, they're there when I arrive at set, and they're still there when I get home late in the afternoon.

I don't understand what more they want from me. 

Filming resumed a few days ago after Phillip was thoroughly pleased when the bad drama escaped from the movie. Since then we've done table reads and have taken a lot of days filming.

We're delaying our stay in Ohio for another week which I'm nothing but happy about. I love it here on my home turf and I want to spend as much time here before I have to move to LA forever. 

As for Cayden, we haven't spoke since our interview. After our much needed chat we agreed that maybe it's best if we don't see each other for a while. It will be beneficial for both of us. 

I know my feelings have simmered down for him greatly. After everything he's put me through, it's basically knocked any romantic feeling I had for him out of me, but there will always be a soft spot for him in my heart. 

After all, we did spend two years together. He knows a lot about me that other people don't. 

"You alright over there?" 

It's Rhylee who snaps me out of my reoccurring thoughts of the hectic last week. Since it's a Saturday, Sophia has decided to give us a day break. I've decided since I haven't had quality time with my best friends in a while that it would be good for us to hang out in my backyard for the afternoon.

Luckily I have a pool, so the hot Ohio sun doesn't affect us as much as it would like to think it did. We've spent the last few hours, swimming laughing and basically catching up.

"Yeah, I'm good," I confirm, lifting the sunglasses off my face. "Just thinking about what happened last week."

She winces all the memories floating back to here. She gestures for Ariana to inch closer to us, and when Ariana is seated on Rhylee's outdoor lounge she tells me, "that's something we haven't talked about. How are you dealing with that?"

I shrug, leaning further into my own outdoor lounge. "Surprisingly okay. Cayden and I's talk gave me most of the closure I needed."

They both nod. "Do you still feel anything for Cayden?" Ariana asks, leaning her head on one knee.

I shake my head. "I think after everything he's done, most romantic feelings I ever felt for him have left. But that doesn't stop me from still caring about him greatly."

"Understandable," she replies with a nod of her head. "I don't think I'd even like Cayden if I was you."

Oh, we all know Ariana and the grudges she holds against people. When she's mad at something or someone she sticks to it unless they have a reason that she shouldn't.

Rhylee and I both laugh, quite obnoxiously might I add which makes a calm looking Ariana fall into a pit of defensiveness. 

"What?" she asks, peering at both of us curiously. "What are you laughing at?"

"We all know your grudges, honey," Rhylee responds, placing a mocking hand on her shoulder. "If it was you in this situation, Cayden probably wouldn't be alive."