Chapter 7

Vivian's POV

I was fidgeting in my seat as I sat in the cab. I was on my way to the hotel and I'd unpack my stuff and maybe explore the city. L.A was beautiful. It had busy streets and even busier stores. Dang. Shoulda set my boutique here.

It felt weird being away from Richard. We've been separated before and it's not like I completely depend on him all the time, but I feel like something was gonna happen and sometimes you can't help but think of the worst.

"Hi, I have a reservation under Keeley." I said politely.

"Ah, yes Ms. Keeley. You're in room 306; that's on the third floor to your right." She said hurriedly as she passed me the key and went on furiously typing on her computer.

Geez, it's just a hotel. The woman is practically stabbing her keyboard with those claw like nails. Maybe I should tell Richard about her. I'm sure he'd like her hard working demeanor and her huge bust. I scoffed.

"Oomph!"

"I am so sorry, I wasn't really thinking and accidentally bumped into you. Are you ok? Do you need a doctor? Maybe some pain reliever?" I said so fast that he probably didn't understand a word.

He chuckled at my endless rambling so I took that as a good sign and smiled slightly.

He's actually pretty hot. Like a business kinda hot, not that beach boy hot. It's probably due to the suit he has on. He straightened his coat.

"I apologize for laughing but no offense, a woman as small as you bumping into me doesn't have a hard impact." He said.

"Well, I'm still sorry for not looking. And I wouldn't call myself 'small.' " I quoted.

"And is exactly how tall are you?"

My jaw dropped. Is he serious? I looked up at him. Like literally. Up. Ah shoot. I could either admit defeat or be proud of my height. Yeah I'm gonna go with the second one.

"I'm 5"5 for your information." I said haughtily.

"And I'm 6"2 so.."

"Alright, fine. I'm smaller than you but that doesn't mean I'm small to the rest of the world. So if you'll excuse me good sir." I carried my suitcase and walked past him to the elevators.

"Hey!"

I turned around, and saw him standing there. I looked at him expectantly.

"Have dinner with me." It wasn't a question, more like a demand.

"And why would I do that?" I asked sarcastically.

"Think of it as an apology for my being rude to you and not even knowing your name..."

"Vivian."

"Right, Vivian. It could benefit is both."

I looked at him strangely. How would that benefit us both? Oh, so I could be some kind of booty call?

"And no, I'm not trying to trick you into sex." He said quickly. Well, that clears that up.

"I don't even know you." I state the obvious.

"Well what better way to get to know someone than over some good food."

Mm he's got a point.

"Sure. I'd like to have dinner with you." I said.

"Great. I'll pick you up at seven? I'll be in the lobby." He grinned.

"That'd be great." I smiled back.