One

2 years ago.

New life. New start. Or, I was hoping for one. I was still recovering from the death of my parents and brother after they were in a car accident. My parents were killed on impact and my brother a couple days later. After that happened, I hadn't known what to do. A nurse asked me if any of them had thought about donating their organs and I gave her my parents donar cards. I hadn't known if my brother wanted to, so I told them only my parents. It was a tough conversation but, I got through. Then went into the bathroom and balled my eyes out for a good half hour.

I to, was in the accident but the only thing that happens to me? A broken arm, a few cuts, including a large gash on my head and arm. Oh, also the death of my ENTIRE family.

I then had no idea about money and I had no-one to call so, I asked a chick at reception and she called in a family Lawyer. I told him about what happened and I had no idea what to do and he told me. Half the things he told me I didn't understand but, he helped me with that and soon I had all their money in my bank account. Then, I took my brothers money.  

I had been living in Jackson for a while now. I had a job and I didn't have to go to school so, I worked at the local school as a CRT. The kids loved me and it was easy work. They loved my accent.

Right now, I was at a bar with a few friends having a good time. We were laughing and I realised just how much I missed these guys.

"Remember when we wanted to come here? Go all over the states? Get away from our families?" Jordy asks me and I laugh and nod.

"Yeah. Not the same when you're practically running away from them though." I look to 2 of my friends in particular but, they were too drunk to realise what I had said.

"Haha. Funny." Jordy says and I smile.

"Thank you. Anyway, my shout. What do we want?"

"Water." They all say and I smile.

"4 beers it is." We all laugh and I walk up to the bar. I hold up 4 fingers and they nod and get them for me.

As I was, a guy, around my age walks up to me and asks for a beer also. We stand there in silence until I couldn't stand it anymore.

"What brings you to Lawrence?" I ask him and he looks to me. It was only now I had registered what he looked like. I couldn't put it into words but, he was cute as f.

"Used to live here. But, work." He leans against the bar and looks to me. "What about you?"

"I live here." I say and he seemed shocked by what I had said.

"Yeah? How long?"

"Long enough. I was originally from Australia." I inform him. The bar tender comes back with our beers and I nod. I don't walk off though.

"Hey, you think I could swing by your house tonight?" He asks me. I smirk.

"Sure." Then I walk off, allowing him to ponder. Chances are, if he's desperate, he'll follow. If he doesn't, then I'll laugh and say his loss. Not that I'm that type of girl anyway.

When I get back to the girls with the beers, they obviously hadn't seen me talking to the guy and we carry on talking and laughing. Just another night like I had back home.

After a couple of hours we all said goodbye and I left the bar to go home. As I do, the guy from before followed come out. Trying to be 'discrete'. Not that it was working out very well for him.

As I got to my car, I see him stop a few meters behind me. That's when I reveal that he's terrible at stalking.

"You know, this is how girls know most guys they come across in a bar are perverts. I know you're behind me." I announce and I see him come out of the shadows.

"I think it's also how they know that they could be potential stalkers." He points out and I nod.

"That too." I say.

"But I'm not one of the two so..." He trails off and I smile.

"Sweetie. I don't know that." I say sadly and he chuckles. Giving a smile that is to die for.

"Then, you'll just have to find out."

"I'd rather not take my chances." I say, seeing what he does.

"Fine. I'll prove it to you."

"Fine." Then I get in my car and speed off to my house. I stop in a corner and I see his car flare to life. I smile and continue to speed down the highway to my house. Getting there and waiting to see if he caught onto what I had done.

When I get to my house I race up the steps and I was fumbling with my keys before I feel a pair of hands on my waist. I turn around and instantly my breath was caught in my throat as he kisses me.

He deepens the kiss and I moan into his mouth. We pull away for air.

"We should probably take this inside. I don't think the street wants to see me make out with some random."

He nods and we walk inside and my night turns magical.