Six

We arrived at Sioux Falls a day later. In that day, the boys allowed me to shop for clothes, then made the mistake of giving me one of their fake credit cards. There isn't much money left on it. They found that out quite quickly. I got what I wanted though and was currently wearing a pair of blacked ripped jeans along with a white shirt with a colourful yin yang symbol and matched with it was a pair of boots. The boys were impressed when I walked out the bathroom that morning. All I did was smile at them and walk past.

"So, this friend of yours, what's his name?" Seeming as they had never told me his name. At least, I don't think they had.

"His names Bobby. Older guy but can crack down on you like you wouldn't believe. He's cool though, just as long as you don't make him mad." Dean explains and I nod.

"OK? What is he to you? I can already tell that you're quite fond of him." I ask but, I seemed to have bought something up that they didn't want bought up because they both tensed. He answered my question for me though, in a tone as if what I had just said never even bothered him.

"He's like the uncle we never had. I've known him since-"

"Dean, that's enough for the day." John cuts his son off and with the words he just said, I couldn't blame him for being so strict. Something must've happened in the past though since he seemed that desperate on wanting to get off topic. One thing I had learned about John was that if you asked something that bought up the past, then he wouldn't let you hear the answer and you wouldn't ever get one unless you went behind his back. Which made me see where Dean gets it from

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring any bad memories up." I say then we fall into silence. I get a text alert from my phone a few minutes later and see it was from Dean.

It's OK. Don't mind him. It has to do with my mom and he doesn't like talking about it.

He looks at me through the rearview mirror and I smile softly at him. He returns it with a sad one.

That moment was quickly broken when we pulled into Bobby's drive way and the topic was dropped for Dean and I altogether. Dean though, the minute John put the cars handbrake on, he was out and walking through the door. I got out at the same time as John and I stood next to him. Dean had conveniently forgotten about his bags and just went to greet his metaphorical uncle. I just looked to John but, he wasn't there. He was already unloading the car.

"They that close huh?" I ask John and he nods.

"Pretty much. Mind helping?" He asks, not rudely though, and I rush into action and start grabbing my bags. Seeming as there were 3 of them.

We walk inside, me following behind John and I looked around the place and seem satisfied by it. I knew one thing for sure though, it definitely had a homey feel to it.

"Nice." I say under my breath and proceed into what looks like a library.

I ended up dumping the bags just outside the stairs and I walked back in and took a seat next to Dean who just smiled at me. Bobby looked at me curiously. I knew he had heard about me though. Dean and John told me that he knew I was coming after I thought I was intruding and didn't have to necessarily go with them. Not wanting to be rude or anything. I eventually gave into them though.

"So, you're the one who almost got killed by a werewolf in the course of 3 days?" He asks me and it took a bit not to laugh but, I couldn't hide the smile.

"That would be correct." I say, using my everyday voice. Not trying to be formal.

"So, you're the one that Dean seems to be quite fond of?" He asks with a slight smirk and I smirk to, while turning to look at Dean.

"Maybe I am. Is he correct Dean?" He avoids the question though with his favourite sentence.

"Anyone want a beer?"

Shorter than the last one I know but, I couldn't figure out how to make it longer. Sorry guys. Hope you like the newer version.