Five

It had been a couple of days since I almost died because of running too fast and the fact that a werewolf, which still amazes me, tried to kill me. Why? I never found out and was never interested in knowing. I'm still not.

Currently, Dean and John were packing to leave and I was sitting on Dean's bed. Playing on my phone. 

"So, where are you guys off to now?" I ask them and they shrug.

"Where ever the next case takes us I guess." Dean says in his gruff voice and I nod.

"Will I ever see you again?" I ask again. Careful to not allow my voice to drop down to its usual shyness and sadness every time I ask a question like that.

"Honestly? Probably not." Dean says straight out and I nod, continuing to play on my phone.

I had to admit, Dean and I had gotten closer the past couple of days and to hear him say that, broke my heart a little more than it should have. 

"OK, cool." I say and then decide to grab my iPod and go through my music library. Trying to pick a song to match my mood. I ended up choosing Never Forget You, by Zara Larson and lip sync the lyrics, nodding my head along to the beat.

As Dean notices this occurring he smiles. "What are you listening to?" 

I smirk."You're not going to like it..." I warn and he looks at me with an incredulous look.

"Try me." I look to John and he looked amused by the situation. I shrug and unplug the headphones, putting the volume on full blast and playing the song. 

Immediately, Dean is horrified and all but shoves the headphones back to me, making me laugh and shrug.

"I tried to warn you." Then he does something unexpected. 

He shoves me onto the bed and starts tickling me, making me and John, laugh hysterically. 

"Stop! Please! Stop!" I say between breaths and he stops to talk.

"Only if you say sorry." Then he starts tickling me again and I laugh but manage to get out the word sorry, making him stop with a victorious smirk on his face.

"I honestly don't even know why I'm apologising, you're the one who wanted me to play the song in the first place." I grumble and he just smiles.

"I know. I just like seeing you suffer. Besides, that should be classic rock!" He says jokingly and I shove him. The tension in the room now gone. 

After a few moments of silence, I speak up. 

"Well, I guess I should start heading. And I should get home safer now since I have my car. See you around Winchester's. Don't be afraid to call at least. I have a lonely life." Then, after grabbing my belongings, I'm walking out the door and getting into my car. Leaving the father and son behind once again. 

I was sadly hoping that it wouldn't be the last time but, a large feeling told me otherwise.

30 minutes and I'd had a no show of the boys. Just the confirmation that they had left and then they wished me all the best for the future, despite what had happened to me 3 days ago. I sent my thanks for everything and that was that. The messages stopped and I was alone in my too big of a house. Waiting for next week to roll around so that I could go to work. To allow all of this to go away the minute I see the kids I teach. 

At this point in time, I would usually call up my best friend but couldn't, because she wouldn't be able to pick up the phone. She won't ever be able to pick up a phone again. 

So, I resorted to watching TV and reading a book while playing music loudly from my docking station. Then that got boring so, I decided to do something even more boring but, surprisingly passes time quite quickly.

So, I organised my lesson plan for the week. Deciding what we're going to do. How we're going to do it and what we're going to do on the last day, something I do every week just to allow them to chill. One time, I accidentally let them doze off. The bell woke them up and I made them promise to not tell anyone. They nodded enthusiastically and walked out the door in a sleepy rush. I laughed at them and packed up my things. I had no doubt that they told everyone though.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by my doorbell ringing. Getting up, I go to the door and answer it but, I'm pushed against the wall and before I know it, I'm fighting for my right to breathe. Gasping for air, I claw at the man holding my neck so tightly that I couldn't breathe until I gave up. A consequence for the lack of oxygen to my brain, I go limp in his arms then all I see is a black void. 

I wake up to someone yelling my name over and over in a worried tone. It brings back memories from when other people, who have died, are worried, shouting my name in a panic. I push them back and open my eyes. Standing there are 2 green eyes looking at me, panic written all over them. 

"Dean?" I whisper and he smiles and nods.

"Yeah. Yeah its me. Can you stand?" He asks me and I try to get up, then I eventually do with his help. Soon I'm standing on my own. I look around me and see bodies with gun shot wounds in them, straight where the heart is.

Werewolves. I think to myself. I go to move my arms but immediately stop and look at them. They weren't broken, I knew that but, those things definitely had a bit of fun. 

"Were you bitten?" John asks me sternly and I look at him blankly.

"I don't know. I just woke up." I say and they look at each other but I knew the look.

She should be fine. That was Dean

We can never be too careful. That was John. 

"Guys. I'm fine. Really." I say and after an eye debate, John sighs in defeat.

"Come on. We should get out of here." Dean says. I nod in agreement and go to their car. That was when I saw where we were and it wasn't where I lived.

"Guys. Where are we?" I ask.

"Not near your town." John says, annoyed and then they're getting in the car and I have no choice but to follow.

"Just out of curiosity, where are we going?" I ask them. Dean speaks up.

"Sioux Falls, South Dakota." 

"Why?"

"We have a friend there whom you'll be safe with for the time being." He answers again and I nod and sit back in my seat.

"Can we at least go back to my house so that I can get some clothes?" I ask them but, they both share a look and I sigh. "What is it now?!" I ask them.

"You got this dad? Great." Dean says. Whatever it was, both of them obviously didn't want to tell me.

"Uh well, so that no-one came looking for you, they kind of burned your house down. They also made sure that there weren't any human remains so that no-one could tell that there wasn't anyone in there. I'm really sorry." John explains and I look down.

"Kate, you OK?" Dean asks me and I nod and wipe away the silent tears, streaming down my face.

"Yeah. I will be." I say then look out the window. 

My world just seems to be falling apart at the seams.