Four

When we got to the room, John was waiting for us patiently but, the minute we came through the door, he jumped. I think its because as much as I had basically let loose in the car, I was still white from the events that happened not even half an hour ago.

"What happened? You look like you've seen a ghost." He exclaims and I laugh.

"Ha! Not even close. Do you want me to tell him Dean?" I ask, still a little paranoid.

"She saw a werewolf. Still a little shocked." Dean answers my question and John smiles.

"So, what'd you think?" He asks me and I hit him. He stumbles back and I look at him.

"I don't think I'm mentally stable yet so, I suggest you don't." I warn and he just laughs at me.

"So, we've got our guy?" John asks and Dean nods.

"Yeah. I think. But if he's here then there'd have to be more." Dean explains and I stand there awkwardly.

"Well, I should uh. I should go." I announce and I think that's when Dean remembered I was there. John still knew but they both nod. Most likely not wanting a civilian in the mix of their oh so ever dangerous job.

"Yeah. Call if you're in trouble. Ok?" Dean tells me and I nod.

"Got it." Then I walk out the door after grabbing my bag.

As I closed the door, I hear the boys, or more, John, teasing his son. I laugh, smile and start walking away from the hotel.

"Aww. You care about her." He says and I laugh but stay to see what Dean was going to say but, all he says is 'shut up'. I could hear the smile in his voice though and that made me smile.

As I was walking home, I heard a car pull up beside me. One that I didn't recognise, so, I just kept walking with my head down. As if I hadn't said a word.

Then they start following me and I start walking faster but, then I hear a voice and I'm forced to stop to hear what they say. But then I walk again, a little bit slower than before  after rethinking my actions.

"So, who was your little friend back there?" He asks and I look down.

"Crap." I whisper and walk a whole lot faster than before. Wanting to get as far away as possible from whatever the hell he is and myself.

"I know who he is. A hunter. A Winchester for that matter and let me tell you, they can't be trusted. You will get hurt, or killed for that matter." I started dialling Dean's number in my phone. Not bothering to hide it. Then shot him an sos for him to help me. Then put it away.

"Was that him you were texting? What did I just say? They can't be trusted. They'll get you killed." Then I ran. I ran as fast as I could in the crappy shoes that I was wearing. As well as the bag that I had hanging off my shoulder. But then I heard him get out of the car and chase after me. That was when I knew I had to turn around.

I cut into a lane that I just so happened knew would lead me back to the motel and hopefully allow him to slow down. It sure as hell didn't. I heard my phone ringing and I swear before pulling it out and answering it. Dean's panicked voice coming across the speaker.

"What's happening?" He asks quickly and I take a breath before answering. Not stopping.

"Its...him. He's...chasing...me." I say between breaths. Struggling to say those 5 words. Dean realises and swears under his breath.

"Where are you?" He asks me and I sigh again.

"Running back to you guys. I'm a block away." I continue to run. It seemed to me that I was getting fitter by the minute. It was either that or I was still running due to the adrenaline currently going through my body. I was betting on the latter.

"OK. Keep running. Don't stop." Then he hangs up and I sigh.

"Wasn't planning on it." 

Lucky for me, he hadn't been in town long so, he didn't know all the shortcuts that I just so happened to know. Then I saw it. The motel. That Dean and John Winchester were staying in.

Somehow, I ran faster, getting closer and closer to the motel in reality but, it seemed like a mile away as I was currently running for my life. And then I saw them. Standing at the door waiting for me. I hadn't realised but he was currently gaining on me and I realised I was slowing down. The only thing keeping me going was the adrenaline still coursing through my veins. 

"Kate! Keep going!" I hear Dean shout and I do. Getting into the car park they run toward me and I collapse in John's arms (which were luckily ready for me) while Dean chases after him with a gun, while he ran away. Realising who Dean really was. 

I pant heavily in John's arms and he holds me up. I look up at him with my fringe in my face, clinging to it because of the sweat I had managed to work up. He smiled down at me and helped me into the motel room. I made a mental note to not walk around town when its almost nighttime and no-one else is around to help me. Then I hear a gun shot and close my eyes. Knowing who shot the gun and who's heart had just stopped beating. 

Once we're inside, John gives me a drink of water but, I somehow get up off the bed I collapsed on and grabbed a bear from the fridge and drink half of it before sitting back down. He laughs at me and I smile.

"Am I sure Dean hasn't met you before?"

"Yes. You should be because I too have only just met the guy. Besides, give me a break. If it wasn't for my 'amazing' athletic skills, I'd probably be dead by now." I tell him and he gives me credit for that, adding a smile onto it. I give him one back in return. My legs were shaking from the effort so, I put the bear down and lay down on the bed. Hoping that'd help. It did slightly.

After a little bit, 5 minutes to be exact, Dean walks through the door with sweat on his forehead also. He sits on the bed and I push myself up and lean against the headboard that was conveniently there for me.

After sitting there for a while because 2 of us still needed to catch our breath, John broke the silence.

"So, what the hell happened?" He asks me and I shrug.

"Hey. All I was doing was walking back to my house. He pulled his car up next to me then started driving a little faster because I continued to walk faster. That's when I texted you guys and he put 2 and 2 together pretty quickly because, well, you know what happened." I explain and Dean nods.

"How'd you know where to go? Hell, how didn't he find a spot to stop you?" Dean asks me and I shrug.

"Answer to the first question, that was impulse and logic. Answer to second one, he hasn't lived here as long so, he didn't know the shortcuts. I did, so I took it to my advantage." I say and they nod.

"Well uh, good job. You survived at least." John says and I nod sadly.

"Yeah." I say sadly and then look down. After a little but longer, I break the silence. "Hey guys? How many other people has he killed?" I ask and they give each other a look before giving slight nods.

"Uh, 3. That includes your friend. We're sorry." They say and I shake my head. Giving a soft smile.

"S'okay. I guess I should get going. Again." I get up, my legs still shaking but they still didn't want to support my weight, so I sat back down on the bed and pouted. "Or not." Dean laughs and hands me a pair of sweats and an oversized t'shirt.

"Try and take a shower. You can stay here the night." I nod, whisper a thanks and walk to the bathroom. I swore that I was trembling and I didn't appreciate it very much.

What a day.