| chapter - 3 |

"You don't have a stance of a bodyguard." Prince suddenly said as we moved to check the damage done.

Most of his guards were dead, some injured while the area was hauntingly silent. There was no one. The Kings quarters were on the other end of this huge palace like building.

"I am still under training," I said in a heavier tone.

"But you survived when hundreds of my trained guards died. I am sorry for your brother's loss." He said solemnly.

I remained silent keeping the chances of my being discovered to the minimum. I saw a tear fall from his eyes which he wiped off subtly but I caught that before he could. He might have been close to his previous bodyguard.

Guards were surrounding the King's place on Prince's order and he hurried along to check his father was okay. I followed him closely. Suddenly he stopped and turned to me, "You can take off that covering from your face now."

"Umm, I like to keep it covered," I said in a heavy tone which sounded weird to my ears.

The handsome Prince frowned.

"Why?" He asked.

Nagging people were the kind I hated a lot, don't you? So I just acted like Alisha for a minute.

"because it's my own bloody business." I am pretty sure my crass language didn't make sense but he did get the rude tone and his frown deepened.

"You have to follow my orders, have you not been told that?" He asked not sure I was a sane person.

I bowed slightly to make up for my impulsive mistake,"Everything but this your highness. I have a scar on my face that I don't wish to share." I came with a lie on spot.

He contemplated for a while and then nodded in understanding. Sighing in relief we started moving forward. Other guards looked wary of me since I was still in black assassin outfit. I was carrying the bag I had when I ran away from home. I noticed several female attendants looking at the Prince with a dreamy-eyed look.

Before I could scoff, I saw Prince bow slightly to a figure outside the door. It might be the King but he didn't look like one. He looked more like a man overburdened and too old to live. He had saggy skin , dark circles under his eyes and eyes filled with pain and sadness. But he was holding it together and managed to look intimidating.

"Father, are you alright?" Prince asked in a courteous tone but I detected no worry in it.

"I see you live, so I am fine." The tone of sarcasm in his tone made me realize, they were not on friendly terms.

"This is the fifth time you have been attacked and yet to fail to stand up to some responsibilities." He was scolding him.

How can he do that when his son was just attacked and injured? My eyes trailed to the bleeding sleeve of the Prince but he stood therebowing respectfully.

"Do you really want to take responsibility, father?" There were hate and challenge in his tone.

Suddenly King stepped forward with a sword towards the Prince and I didn't know I was supposed to just ignore that. I played the bodyguard I was supposed to be right now and stepped ahead, unsheathing my own weapon and blocking king's sword. I heard an audible gasp from people around and I winced at my mistake.

It was just like I was attacking the president.

Prince looked surprised but there was a confusion in his eyes as well. King on the other hand looked ....furious. But you know how humans don't accept their fault easy and I am one so I just glared back with my sword blocking king's sword. King lowered his sword after a while and backed up.