| chapter - 22 |

The physician helped Elias with his minor wounds as I sat next to him, my face covered with a cloth. My hands were cold and something rumbled in my gut as I waited for the physician to leave and Elias to react.

I clenched and unclenched and fist and biting my lower lips hard tried to control the breathing which got harder by each passing second. Norman, on the other hand, was not as 'cool' as he thought he was and fainted on the sight of palaces, castles and maybe assassins.

The physician finally got up after the cleaning the wound and then bowed.

"Wait, please all see if my bodyguard is injured anywhere." His words were guarded and I could not judge if he was angry or just ignoring my presence.

"I am fine," I answered in a small voice.

"Let him check Alisha, I don't want you to be in pain." My mind did a mini yelp on his words.

He did not want me in pain.

When he mentioned my name the physician's face registered a shock as I removed the cloth and he realised that Prince's bodyguard was a girl. Nevertheless, he did his job and patched up few cuts here and there.

After he was gone Elias carefully stared at an unconscious but fine Norman.

"Doppelganger," I answered his silent question using it as an excuse to talk to him.

But he just came closer and pulled me in for a hug. My heart stopped and so did my mind and every nerve in my body. But then my heart restarted ready to jump out of my bosom.

He does not hate me.

"I thought I will never see you again." The tinge of worry and helplessness in his tone was related able since I felt the same.

His grip on me was one of possessiveness as if he was scared I will leave.

He was the one that broke the hug and his eyes roamed all over my face with absolute adoration. I was blushing a thousand shades of red and my toes curled under my feet with nervousness.

And then his lips lifted a smile, "I should have known."

"What?" I asked my throat dry with all the tension.

"Attitude problems, always vanishing when I was meeting the Princess of Norgivia, excellent fighting skills in both forms. I should have known that you were my bodyguard." He didn't sound angry at all.

"I swear I didn't want to betray you," I said in a small tone my head hung in shame.

"And to think all the enemies you handled for me, threatened my father and ministers and even handled those many assassins. You protected me better than any male bodyguard could have done." He sounded impressed.

"And I was the one that represented Norgivia in the tournament," I mumbled hoping he would not hear me.

For a moment he registered the information and then laughed out loud.

"You made me jealous using yourself." He remembered when I said that someone dashing was representing our kingdom.

The thought made me smile.

"You saved me from battling my own brother." He said in the soft tone as the realisation hit him.

I just stood there with heavy air around us not sure how to respond.

"How many times did you save me?" He asked and his eyes went down to the point where I recently took a hit for him.

"I love you so it is not a big deal you know." I tried to sound casual about it but the blushing was not helping.