| chapter - 23 |

It was like staring at a body double. Norman one and Norman two were both dressed in similar attire to keep out any suspicions. Norman two who willing came here seemed brighter than Norman one who was not sure what the hell was happening in that moment.

"We need to find Agnes first," I told Elias who was explaining the whole deal to his Norman.

"Why her?" He asked with a frown.

"Because she is the solution to this." Or I was hoping she was.

"Whatever you say." He agreed easily.

"So this is your bodyguard, the girl?" Norman one asked sounding surprised.

"Why, a girl can't do this?" I felt offended at his tone.

"No-no. I flirted with you remember?" He said with a sheepish apologetic smile.

While I held back laughter Elias look outright angry.

"When I walked in that dance where you first met me as the Princess, I needed a date to get in," I explained and saw him calming down.

"How can I help?" Norman one asked.

He was looking a little disappointed and pained. He loved his brother as far as I can tell and his father just tried all the ways to get him killed.

"Does father know I don't need the throne?" His voice was filled with pain.

"You should know I need you so don't think about doing something stupid Norman," Elias warned him.

"Wow, so much love is making me nauseous." Norman two just ruined the mood.

"We split up and do a different task. Someone need to meet Agnes and someone needs to meet Kirk." I said and once again Elias looks displeased.

"Kirk is someone dangerous right?" He asked as he saw his doppelganger was no good.

I nodded.

"Fine then Norman and this person here," Elias said.

"Excuse me, I am Norman as well." He said and Elias just ignored him.

"You two go and find Agnes while I and Alisha are going to meet Kirk."

"Are you sure about that?" I confirmed.

"We can handle him, right?" He said with utter trust in me.

"There is nothing we can't handle," I answered with a smile.

Norman two made a gagging noise pulling me out of our little world.

"Norman you go find Agnes and take him along. Find mother, we will be needing her help." Elias instructed his younger brother.

As we separated and set out for our tasks, I said, "Kirk knew that I am a girl when we went there before."

Elias face hardened, "I have trusted him since I was a kid."

"Maybe this one is good, did you see the stark difference in two Normans." He smiled at my words and nodded.

We mounted the horse and I escorted  the Prince riding towards the danger most probably.

***

"I gave you an option to leave," Kirk said with a sad smile.

"And now I am giving you an option to live," I said with fierceness in my tone.

"I am not the enemy here Alisha." He said with a truth in his words.

"Are you not?" Elias' eyes were narrowed at him.