| chapter - 21 |

The intensive sweating on my neck woke me up. I was in a luxurious room with a chandelier over my head. It was dimly lit and a fire was burning in the fireplace making it really warm. The walls were adorned with paintings and there was a mirror in the room with a golden framework. 

I tried to get up thinking this might be heaven and I died. But as I moved a sharp pain hit my back where I was hit and I realised I was still alive. How?

The pain was too much and my eyes blurred for a moment. I blinked multiple times to clear the black spots in front of my eyes and calm down my breathing which was heavy.

The door opened and in walked Mel her footsteps muffled on the maroon plush carpet.

"How dare you do that?" She yelled at me and I sighed at her absurd behaviour.

"I almost died Mel." I reminded her if I was not dead already.

"Yes, how could you? I told you his life his tied to you." So she was worried for her son.

"I actually got this wound saving him," I told her dryly.

That shut her up but she still glared at me.

"Where is he? Is he safe?" I asked feeling nauseous all of a sudden.

Mel's lips formed a grim line and my worry notched higher.

"Answer please, without the dramatics." I snapped at her.

"He saved you." She said and sighed building the suspense and agitation.

"And?"

"And he had to remove your mask to allow you easy breathing." She said a million things in those words.

Which in short meant, he knew Arthur and Alisha are the same.

***

I should have died because this anxiousness of facing Elias was even more painful. I hid in that dull room all day scared to see his reaction.

The sudden knock on my door sent my heart leaping.

My dad walked and I sighed in relief which was momentary since he looked angry. Oh, I forget he did ask me not to do something stupid.

"Gwydion, that guy is a powerful trickster and God of Magic." Words from my dad surprised me.

"What?"

"Matthew or whoever he is, Mel's husband. He is the one attacking you guys." My first thought being, was Kirk also someone bad?

He sent those ninjas and purple smog like things. He was powerful enough to break Mel's protective casting. 

"How is Elias?" I asked as this was my main worry right now.

The grave silence followed.

"Is he okay?" I asked with a painfully throbbing building in my head.