Chapter Three: The Stranger

Readers pov:

It had been a slow night at the Animal Clinic,  "See you around guys,  make sure to lock up before you leave." My boss said as he put his coat and hat on and waved goodbye to both me and David before leaving.  "Agh,  one more hour and we are good to go! " David said as he folded his arms across his chest.  "Do you wanna grab some dinner after work? " he asked leaning against the counter. 
I glared at him,  "At granny's?  Is there a particular reason why you like to visit Granny's diner so much? " I asked with a smirk on my face. David blushed and shook his head and chuckled,  "Obviously for the Burger and fries. " I laughed and gently punched his arm, "David,  Mary goes there all the time! Why don't you just ask her out on a date? " Davids face got even more red,  "I don't know what to ask.. Kind of why I wanted to go to dinner,  to ask for your advice. " you smiled and rocked back and forth on your feet,  "Alright!  We'll go!  But you better ask her out on a date tonight! " David scratched the back of his head and paused for a second "Alright fine! "

***

After work ended you and David headed to Granny's,  he stopped in front of the door and took in a deep breath you placed your hand on his shoulder,  "Hey David, don't worry she won't say no, she really likes you. " David turned to face you and he smiled at you.  The both of you entered granny's and sat at your normal booth. David saw Mary enter the diner and sit at a booth nearest to the both of you . You looked in her direction and smiled,  "Now's your chance! " you said placing you hand on top of his,  "I'll be here the whole time!" David smiled at you and got up sitting at the booth Mary was at.  You watched them and listened in on their conversation.  "Daaavid hey,  what's up? " Mary said with a tone of happiness in her voice.  David chuckled, "Hello Mary Margaret.... You know just here to enjoy the fries." Mary giggled, and David spoke again "So Mary , I was wondering if you would like to join me for dinner?  Or maybe go out on a date sometime." It was quiet between them and Mary giggled again , "Well of course I'll be happy to go on a date with you,  why don't we do something right now? " she asked and David chuckled "alright let me get my jacket. " you heard his footsteps coming toward your Booth,  "Well that wasn't so bad was it? " David pushed you lightly and grabbed his jacket,  "Thank you for staying with me.. It means a lot. " you smiled at him , "No problem!  But go she's waiting ." David smiled at you and headed out of Granny's with Mary.

***

As soon as you were done eating you headed out of Granny's and walked to the docks,  you took in the fresh cold air and something caught your attention,  there on the water was a ship, it wasn't like the others here in story brooke it looked like something out of a fairytale. You walked to it and looked to see that it was empty , you looked around before getting inside the ship , you slowly examined every little inch of the ship.  It was a beauty, you had a feeling of comfort inside this ship,  as if it was home to you. 
"Do you townsfolk always make it a habbit of climbing aboard a ship when the captains away. "
You turned around to face where the voice was coming from, as soon as you did you recognize this stranger standing in front of you. 
He was the man from your dreams , you remembered his blue eyes.
It was him.
You snapped out of your thoughts,  "Sorry. I didn't ...think anyone was here. "  it was quiet between the both of you nothing but the sound of his flask hitting the wooden floor of the ship.  He shook his head and went to go pick up the flask.  "It's alright love." He put the flask in his jacket pocket and walked towards you holding out his hand. "Names Killian Jones. But you can just call me Killian. " he smiled at you.  You looked into his beautiful blue eyes , they were so mesmerizing, you felt weak in the knees and extended your hand to shake his.  "My name is Y/N,  it's a pleasure to meet you. " he smirked at you raising his eyebrow, "The pleasure is all mine love. "
He took your hand to his mouth and placed a gentle kiss on top of it.  You blushed a little and looked down trying to hide your face. 
"What's a fine lass like you doing out here by yourself anyways? " he asked releasing your hand from his. 
"I have always loved the water,  it is a place where I feel at peace, I come here when I'm having a rough day.  It's the only thing that calms me down. "
Killian smiled at you, "Aye, I know what you mean.  What troubles you if you don't mind me asking?"

He leaned on the edge of the ship and faced you. 
You chuckled,  "It's nothing at all really." Killian straightened himself up,  "Very well then lass , but I am here if you do need someone to talk with." He grinned and you let out a soft laugh . "Thank you Mr. Jones , I'll keep that in mind. But I must be going it's getting late and I have a early start tomorrow morning ." Killian smiled "Very well then lass, I bid you good night" he said and took your hand in his placing one last kiss on it.  You smiled at him and waved goodbye and headed back home.