Chapter 13: dark magic

A few days had passed since that kiss was given to you, you paced across your living room floor going over it more than once, "Why did he kiss me? Did I ever know him? What just happened ?" you were so into your thoughts you didn't see Killian standing there leaning against the wall with his arms folded in front of him. He cleared his throat and startled you. "Killian! what are you doing here?" Killian frowned and walked up to you, "Well for one, you gave me the key to your home and also I wanted to take you out for a nice meal! what do you say love?" you squeezed your lips and smiled, "First there's something I need to tell you, sit down please." You and Killian both sat down at your kitchen table. "Uhm sheriff Graham came by a few days ago and well it was a pretty interesting visit" you said as you scratched behind your head nervously. A look of confusion displayed over Killians face, "W...what kind of visit?" he asked. "Well he just sort of kissed me...." Killian got up from his chair "HE WHAT? " you stood up after Killian trying to calm him down, "Look Killian, it was a mistake and besides I pushed him away! he's not going to do it again." you said as you placed your hand on his shoulder. "Don't go and do anything stupid now." Killian sighed and the both of you sat back down, "I mean it Y/N the next time he lays a finger or even his tongue on you I'm gutting him with my hook!"

*** ( at grannys)***

You and Killian arrived at Granny's diner, it was the usual spot for everyone in storybrooke,  the dwarves out for their daily drinks after work, snow and charming laughing and catching up on things they missed after the curse, Ruby taking peoples orders as her Grandmother watched her so she wouldn't flirt with all the single men that came around. You and Killian sat at your normal booth at the far end of the diner. The both of you sat quietly and looked at your menus, you both looked up as soon as you heard the bell from the diner open, Sheriff Graham walked in and sat at the counter joining the dwarves for a pint. "If I could I'd punch the lights out of that man." Killian snarled as he watched Graham take a swig from his drink. "Killian, maybe we should just go." Killian shook his head, "No love, we're going to stay." Ruby came to your table with a her notepad and pen. "So can I take your orders or do you both need some time." you smiled and looked towards killian, "I don't know about you captain but I will be getting a burger." Killian smiled and told Ruby he would have the same thing. She took both of your menus and walked off to get your order started.  "I have a surprise for you." Killian said and you smiled you always loved surprises especially if they were from the man of your dreams. You saw him search around through is jacket but there was nothing inside of them. "Bloody hell I think I left it on the jolly roger, I will be back ." Killian stood up and headed out to retrieve your surprise. 

As soon as he walked out the door Graham sat at your booth, "Look I want to apologize for what happened, I don't know what got into me that day It was just something I felt the need to do." You didn't say nothing to Graham for a few minutes, "Apology accepted, but don't ever do that again." Graham smiled and held out his hand, "Alright you have my word." As soon as you reached over to shake his hand Killian came back into Granny's. His jaw clenched motioning towards graham, he pulled his collar and slammed him against the wall. "Don't you ever go near her again." he said. You stood up and tried to break Killian off of him but he didn't move "Killian, lets just go home." You said. Killian stood there holding Graham by the collar and released him heading out the door without you. Everyone stared after Killian as the door slammed behind him.

It was quiet for a moment and then people started to break the silence, "Well." Graham said as he straightened up his collar, "Dinner and a show." he smiled awkwardly, it was silent between the two of you for a moment, "Maybe I should go after him." but Graham grabbed your arm and shook his head, "He needs some time to himself, you should just wait awhile he could still be angry he needs to blow off some steam before you approach him, he's a pirate who knows how his temper is. Why don't you sit down, I'll buy you a drink." He smiled at you and you looked back at the door, you wanted to go to Killian but in your gut you knew graham was right. Killian did have a temper and you didn't want him to say anything he'd regret so you stayed.

********

Killians Pov:

After I had left Granny's I waited to see if she'd come out after me, I stood there looking through the window and she never did instead she stayed, she stayed with him. My jaw clenched and I felt a burning rage of hate inside of me . I walked off , I don't know where I was going but it wasn't home. I ended up in the woods, something felt off for a moment. Then it hit me a pain that I had never experienced before it took over me i could feel my insides burning inside. I could see a cloud of smoke that crawled up from limb to limb surrounding me in darkness. I could feel my hate grow even more. Something inside me wanted to destroy everything, something inside me wanted to be the man I once was. I screamed in pain and then it was over.