59- Virgo X Scorpio Part 2

Virgo (f) X Scorpio (m) - dedicated to - CasGabe

****************************

Scorpio entered the hospital with a bouquet of lilac roses, Leo's favorite. Each step echoed in the hallway, silence only filled with the smell of rubbing alcohol and the stuff those stupid blue gloves were made out of. But the hands wearing those stupid blue gloves were the only thing that had kept Leo from dying that night, and we're keeping him from dying now.

Scorpio opened the door to the room where Leo was staying, floor 2, room 50. Something about the number 250 irked Scorpio, scratched him irritatingly, rubbed him the wrong way. Stepping inside and seeing Leo like that, with tubes up his arm and an oxygen mask over his face, was like a bullet to the brain.

Placing the flowers in the vase next to Leo, he kneeled down and held on to the lifeless hand before him.

"Leo," Scorpio started, "I know you can't hear me, you can't do anything about where you are now, I can't do anything. But I want you to hear me out for a sec: we shouldn't have gone out drinking that night. We should have stayed at home and eaten ice cream and talked trash about all the movies that didn't go by the books. We could have huddled in our blankets like burritos and then gone out for hamburgers, talking about how stupid your boyfriend was to dump you and how stupid I was to have this unrequited love for your sister."

"But goddamnit!" He swore under his breath, "Her eyes used to light up every time she saw us, she'd get all happy and cheery, and we'd be her support for when her boyfriends cheated on her. Nobody understands her like you do, nobody knew the pain you two share, not even me. And now she doesn't smile the same way, and her eyes don't have any life to them, she does only what she has to, not what she wants to. She thinks you're going to die if she does anything to be happy, and that's not the way it works is it?"

He looked over at the peaceful slumber of his best friend, "I just love you both so much, you're my best friend, and she's the love of my life, and by whatever heavenly rule deemed it fit, you were okay with that! You were the only family she had, and the only family I ever wanted. So goddamnit, don't you go and die on us anytime soon okay?"

Tears rolled down his cheeks and he wiped them away, "I'm going to go, alright? But you'll be fine, and I'll make sure that Virgo get's out of this okay, because I know you're going to heal and you'll both be fine."

Scorpio stood and turned around to find Virgo standing, another bouquet of lilac roses in her hands, tears rolling down her cheeks, a small smile on her face. A genuine smile.

She flashed him that smile before pulling him into a hug, "What you said just now, Leo would have been proud."

***************

GUYS, MY INTERNET IS WORKING (AND BTS IS GOING ON TOUR!!!!!) Anyways, I'll keep working the requests I have and the ones you keep requesting (in the comments below). À plus tard (à le concert de BTS)!

~Unicorn