1 MEET THE FIGHTER

Marco Grey

"That's it I'm sending you to your mom!" My dad yells when Sherri tells him what I did. I just roll my eyes and walk into my room.

"I should probably pack my shit then, no?" I mutter sarcastically.

"Marco Grey!" My dad yells again. I roll my eyes and walk back into the living room.

"What now?" I say.

"You better pack all of your crap. Your leaving tomorrow morning. Your mom can deal with school stuff." He says and I roll my eyes again, then once again walk to my room. My room is pretty basic so I just grab my duffel bag and throw my clothes in it. After about two hours I have all my clothes together and have three bags of clothes and shoes.

~TIME SKIP~

"Hey momma how are you?" I say a smile on my face as I walk over to my mom and give her a hug. She smiles as she hugs me back but pulls back and hits me on the back of my head.

"Ow what was that for?" I whine at her. She just gives me that 'are you stupid or something' look.

"Your father called. And Sherri of course was in tears because of what you did." She says after a few minutes and then laughs at me. She knows I hate Sherri. I have since my dad and her got together. I've always been a mama's boy.

"Where's Lucas?" I ask and she smiles.

"He's at home I haven't told him you were coming just yet. It's a surprise." She says and I nod.

"Well come on let's go." She says and I nod then throw my bags in the back of the truck. And slide in the driver's seat.

"Your starting school tomorrow." She says and I nod.

"Yes momma." I say and see her roll at me. I snicker as I drive back to my mom's house.

"Hey Luke!" I yell as we walk into my mom's house. I nod my head at Antonio my mom's husband before I hide behind the kitchen counter. I hear foot steps before I hear Luke.

"Mom is Marrco here?" He asks his accent coming out. I roll my eyes when I hear my mom giggle slightly and realize Antonio must be bugging her.

"Mama? Is Marrco here?" He says and I smile before I stand straight up.

"No I don't believe he is." His eyes widen as he runs over to hug me.

"Marrco! What are you doing here? I missed you little brother!" I roll my eyes at him and push him off.

"Your still smaller then me!" I say.

"Momma! He's making fun of me again!" I whine at my mother.

"One teenage boy was hard what are we going to do with two!?" I hear her whine to Antonio. I roll my eyes and Luke rolls his.

"We heard that!" We shout at the same time.

"Come on Tyler and Anthony are here you can meet Jack later he's suppose to come over tomorrow after school." Lucas says and we walk down the steps to the basement.

"You still fight?" I ask Lucas and he nods.

"Yeah these two knuckleheads wouldn't let me quit." He says and I laugh as Anthony and Tyler look offended.

"Still fight is the same place?" I ask and they all shake their heads.

"Nope place got shut down so we moved places." Anthony says and I nod.

"Can we go tonight?" I ask and they all smirk before nodding. I roll my eyes and shake my head a little.

"Well I need a shower before we go out." I say and walk back up the steps and out the front door. I grab my bags and take them back inside. I place them on my bed before I start to put everything away. I finally finish putting everything away and now it's 8:30. I've showered and dressed. Lucas comes into my room and asks..

"You ready to go?" I nod and we leave.

"Are you fighting tonight?" Tyler asks and I shrug.

"Maybe why?" I ask and Tyler looks at Anthony then at Luke.

"Guys if he's fighting shouldn't we warn him about her?" Tyler says leaving me confused.

"Her? What her?" I ask. Luke looks at me before he looks back at the road.

"Uh. There's a girl who goes. She draws the fighters." Anthony says.

"Okay and? What should I take my shirt off for her?" I ask still confused. The boys all quickly shake their heads.

"Jack would hurt you." Luke says.

"Jack the one that you said is coming over after school tomorrow?" I ask and Luke nods.

"Yes him." He says and I nod slightly. We pull up to the place and you can tell it's a fighting place.

As soon as you walk in its clear there's no girls here. But as I look around I notice that there is an easel in a corner. Also that the guys by said easel are keeping a safe distance from it. And I realize that, that must be the girl's thing. Luke, Tyler, and Anthony walk over to a guy and greet him. I quickly walk over so as to not lose them.

"Jack this is my brother Marco. Marco this is Jack. He's a really close friend of ours and he's on the football team." Lucas says I shake the dudes hand and nod my head as a sign of acknowledgement.

"Is she here?" Anthony asks and Jack nods while rolling his eyes.

"When is she not?" He says and I'm guessing he's being sarcastic. I look over at the make shift ring and look at Lucas.

"I want to fight." I say and he smirks but nods and we walk over to the guy in charger.

"Hey Billy, Marco here wants to fight." Lucas says and Billy looks at me.

"Okay he can fight next." He says and I nod. A few more fights pass by and I'm on a streak. Then Billy calls me as winner going against the undefeated and only girl to fight there. I saw her early as I was fighting. She was drawing like crazy. She's tiny so it should be an easy win. She walks up as Billy is saying the rules.

As she walks I watch her she moves with grace and ease. She steps up and I nod my head at her. Her face is blank and emotionless. One second she's standing there the next I feel her punch my jaw. I stand and swing my fist missing her as she ducked. I swing my leg and she moves back. Her foot comes up and hits my side. I hiss in pain but other than that no reaction. I swing my fist again and she ducks again. She steps forward and she swings with her left hand. I lean back just in time. I bring my foot up and swing it. It hits her abdomen and she groans. I smile knowing I hurt her. She swings her right hand and hits me in the face again. She throws her foot out at my leg and hits it. I fall and she jumps up and punches me again. Hard. I know that's going to leave a mark. I fall on the floor and before I can get back up she grabs my arm and twists it behind my back. I try to move but she's got a tight hold on me and has me pinned.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3.. 2.. 1! She's won again!" Billy yells. I groan in frustration as she let's go and stands up. Jack comes over and tries to talk to her but by the look of it she can't hear him which is understandable considering the volume in the room went way up. He grabs her and she pushes away noding. She disappears in the crowd and I lose her. Jack walks over to her art shit and grabs it all. He walks out and Luke and Tyler and Anthony walk over smiling.

"You got beat by a girl." Anthony says and I roll my eyes as Luke helps me up.

"Who was she?" I ask but they all turn a deaf ear to me. I roll my eyes as we walk out. We get in the car and drive back to my mom's house. I get out and walk inside. I shower and then lay down. I start school tomorrow or I should say today since it's already 12:21.