24 HE'S BACK TOO

Evangelina Lawrence

     I send another punch at the bag imagining Dean's face under my hand.

    "Angel?" I hear his voice pulling me from my thoughts. I look at him before looking at the bag.

     "I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have ran out like that but I couldn't stand to be in the same room as him." I tell him and see him move from the corner of my eye.

      "What happened? Who is he?" Marco asks and I look at him.

     "He's Dean. The guy that got me into fighting." I say and see confusion cross his features.

     "Why does that matter I thought you love fighting." He says and I nod.

     "I do. It's my favorite thing to do." I tell him and see his confusion.

     "I could have kept it a secret from them.. They would have never known." I whisper and his eyebrows crease showing his confusion even more.

     "Evan's parents. I mean I'm sure it would have come out one way or another. But I could have kept it from them." I whisper and look at the ground that has become so interesting. His hands cup my face and I frown.

     "What did he do to you?" He whispers and my eyes water again.

     "He told my parents. He told them after he introduced me to fighting. And he doesn't care." I say and pull away from him and go back to hitting to bag. Tony said I was okay to hit the bags but not fighting. I raise my left foot before swinging at the bag.

     "He acts like he didn't ruin my whole life." I say as I punch the bag again.

     "Like it doesn't matter." I say and I feel his arms wrap around me before I can hit it again. His arms gentle but strong. In the seven months we've been dating he's become my safe haven.

     "I don't know what I'm suppose to say to that." He whispers in my ear and I shrug.

     "There isn't anything to say about it." I say back and he releases me.

     "He turned my life upside down. He taught me how to fight. When he knew I was good he told Evan's parents. They didn't want to believe him at first. He took a video. But he's also the reason my parents took me in. He's the reason Jack and I grew up as siblings and not just friends. I hate him but if it wasn't for him.. We would've never met." I whisper to him and he looks down before looking me in the eye. His grey eyes piercing my very soul.

    "You could have grown up with Evan. Jack could have been your best friend. You guys would have still known Luke. We would've still met." He says and tears flood my eyes. He steps back before turning me so I'm facing the bag again.

     "Let everything out." He says and walks away. I frown slightly but realize he knows me well enough that he knows how I am. I yank the gloves off and then the wrapping. He has his back to me and doesn't hear me. I walk quietly over to him. He doesn't hear me but I realize he doesn't hear me hitting the bag either. He turns to look but stops when he sees me.

    "What. You scared me." He says cutting himself off. I wrap my arms around his waist. He sighs before wrapping his arms around me.

    "Can we go back home? I need a shower." I say and he nods.

    "Yeah. Jack is still at my house if you need the key." He says as we walk out.

    "If Jack is at your house why.. Oh. I meant your house." I say whispering the last part and he stops walking looks at me before he picks me up. He hugs me and spins me in a circle. I laugh slightly before he sets me on my feet.

     "What is your issue?" I ask confused and he just smiles at me.

     "Nothing. But fair warning Dean was still at my house when I left." He says quietly and I nod blowing out air.

     "If he stays I'll have to get use to him." I say quietly. And he kisses my head.

     "Don't kiss me. I'm all sweaty." I whine at him and walk out to my car.

     "I'll meet you back at the house?" He says and I nod before leaning in and kissing him on the lips then getting in the car. I drive back and he meets me opening my door. I get out and follow Marco into the house. All the boys look at me before looking at Dean. Who has a bloody nose and a red hand print fading on his cheek.

     "Jackie?" I question and he looks at the floor.

      "Ev?" I say and he smiles before looking at the floor.

       "Lucy?" I question and she walks over to me.

       "I need a shower you're coming with me." I whisper and pull her into Marco's room. She sits on the bed before looking at me and then standing again.

      "Um.. is it safe to sit on this?" She asks making a face and I roll my eyes at her.

      "Yes. The most that has happened on that bed is heavy make out sessions." I say and she gasps.

      "What does that mean?" She says and I roll my eyes.

       "On any bed." I mend and she nods before sitting down again.

      "How come you never told me?" She says and I look down.

      "I'm sorry I just.. I didn't want anyone to hate him. His parents made him leave." I say and whisper the last part she looks down.

     "Are you.  You are to nice." She says and I look at her before looking at the ground. I take off my pants and shirt before she turns. I undress and wrap a towel around me before walking into the bathroom. She follows but waits on the other side of the closed down while I turn on the water.

     "Okay! All good!" I yell and hear the door open.

     "I can't believe you never told me Lina. I would have killed him." She says and I roll my eyes.

    "I told you. No one needed to hate him. He already had to leave town." I say and hear her huff.

    "We have ever right to hate him. He hurt you in more ways than one. And you know it." She says but her voice betrays her showing me she's upset I sigh.

    "Please don't be mad." I whisper but I know she heard me when she sighs.

    "I'm not mad Lina. I could never be mad at you." She says and I finish in the shower. I turn the water off before I poke my head out and she hands me my towel. I wrap it around myself before I open the shower curtain. I walk back into Marco's room before I dry myself off and put on a bra and underwear before taking one of Marco's shirts and putting it on. I dry my hair with the towel and just let it down. It comes to my waist. I walk back out and see all the boys sitting on the sofa and Luc cuddled up next to Luke. Yes they started dating about four months ago. Something like that. Marco looks at me as I walk into the living room and then at Dean. Glaring at Dean and I roll my eyes. I walk into the kitchen and Marco's mom walks in. I smile at her small baby bump

     "Hello Mrs. Sanchez. How are you today?" I say to her and she smiles.

     "I'm okay. Antonio wanted to go out but now I'm tired and want to go to sleep. So does she." She says and lays a hand on her small stomach. I smile and bid her good night. She leaves with Antonio not far behind. I walk back into Marco's room before I lay on his bed. I pull his blanket covering my face. The tears that have been threatening to fall all day finally fall. And I do nothing to stop them. I feel myself fall asleep in a bed by myself.