35 YOU'RE LYING YOU HAVE TO BE

Marco Gray

My phone walks me up at 5 in the morning I grab my phone and look who's calling. TONY. I pick up the phone halfway through third ring.

"Marco.." I hear Tony and instantly know something's wrong. My angel never came home last night.

"I'll be right there." I say before he can say anything else.

"Marco!" He yells before I hang up.

"Bring Jack. And maybe someone to drive you home.." He says and my heart sinks.

"Tony what happened?" I ask my voice shaking slightly.

"Just.. Get over here." He says before hanging up. I stop to compose myself before going to wake Jack and Luke.

"What's going on it's five in the morning." Luke says.

"Something happened to Evangelina.." I say quietly and both boys jump up. We walk out to my car and I drive over to the place and see Nathan's car parked out front. The boys wait for me to get out but I don't. Instead I slowly shut off the car and undo my seatbelt. But I can't bring myself to get out.

"Marco?" I hear one of the boys say and I look at Luke who is in the passenger seat.

"She's okay man let's go" Jack says but I hear his voice crack slightly.

"Okay.." I whisper and open my door. We walk to the door and I knock on it twice before Nathan comes out his eyes all red and puffy.

"Marco.." He says and I dead sprint to Tony's office. I bust open the door and my angel lays on the bed machines hooked up to her. Her eyes closed and all the stupid machines beeping in a way that they shouldn't.

"Tony?" I ask my voice breaking.

"Marco... I okay fuck I don't know how to tell you this.. But.. She.. um.. She.. Uh. She's gone.. I tried all night to save her but I couldn't get the bleeding under control. She uh.. Hit her head to hard on something.. It caused internal bleeding in her head.. I'm so sorry Marco..." He says and my heart shatters.

"No! You're lying! I didn't kill my angel!! She's breathing! She's alive!!" I yell as tears blur my vision I vaguely hear running before two hands touch my shoulder.

"You're lying to me!!! You have to be.." I yell as the tears rush down my face.

"What happened?" Jack says and Tony looks down.

"Lina?" I hear and look at Jack.

Jack Lawrence

I walk forward slightly as the tears begin to blur my vision. Not her too. No.

"What happened?" I ask my voice shaking.

"Um.. She had internal bleeding in her  head that I couldn't get to stop.." Tony says and the tears just flow.

"Why is it everyone I love leaves me.?" I cry and fall on my knees.

"Why did my whole family leave me..?" I whisper as the tears flow down my face.

"I'm so sorry.." Tony says and I get up before sprinting out of the room and away from them. Trying to think of a reasonable explanation. But never stopping. She can't be dead too. Out the building. She. Was suppose to stay with me. Away from the cars. And Marco. Through the back. She was suppose to be here for my children. I keep pumping myself to run faster. She can't be gone. I need her. I need my little sister. I keep pushing myself because if I don't stop then it's not real. Then she isn't really dead. If I don't stop she didn't go with her baby or our parents. I keep running as the sun raises and people come out to go to work and school. I come to a dead stop.

"School." I whisper the word but it doesn't feel right. She won't be there to bug me anymore. She won't be there to run out to my car anymore late as always. I feel my phone vibrate against my leg and pull it out. LUCAS. I think about it before deciding to answer.

"Yes.?" I answer my voice not at all sounding like mine.

"My parents want you here." He says and I look around myself.

"Little problem.." I whisper and hear a sigh.

"You got lost?" He questions and I nod before realising that he can't see me.

"Okay don't move I'll come for you. I'll use the find my iPhone." He says and I look at the ground before dropping myself down on the floor. The sun comes out and burns my skin. I look at my phone. 12:23 AM. No way would this be like those cheesy movies where the world stops and it rains. If she was called home she would want the sun out so that we know she's okay. After a long time a car pulls up. I look up and see Luke's car. I stand up and get in the passenger seat.

"You didn't stop?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I couldn't.. If I didn't stop it wasn't real if I kept pushing myself to go farther she'd be home when I got back... I can't believe I lost my entire family." I say and my voice is raspy from cryong so much.

"You still have family man. Marco and me and the guys. And my mom won't let you feel alone. We got you man.. we might not leave you alone now. And we might be annoying but we won't leave you alone. We got you man. You won't go through this alone." He says and I unlock my phone and look at my screensaver. Her smile brought against the screen. Luke looks at me and then at the screen. Fresh tears sprout in his eyes as he drives.

"I can't handle this alone." I whisper my voice cracks as I talk and more tears rush down my face.

"You won't have to." He says and I turn my head away. Wishing this wasn't real. Wishing that she was alive and waiting at home for me. But she won't be. She's a million miles away. Yet so close.