25 THE NIGHT AFTER

Marco Grey

     I walk into my room and see my angel asleep on my bed. Dry tear stains down her cheeks. My heart tightens and I frown. I don't know why they all came back into her life. Evan is okay I guess. But her parents had no right to come back into her life. And Dean definitely had no right. Lucy and the other boys told me what he did. I could kill him. I take my jeans off and switch them for sweats. I lay on the bed and she moves. She wasn't asleep well deep sleep I realize. I lay on the bed next to her and she moves so she's not hugging the blanket. Instead so she's straddling me and lays her head on my chest. Keeping her eyes closed and her hand on my skin. She loves skin on skin contact. It drives me nuts in a good way. She inhales deeply and sighs.

    "You okay angel?" I whisper and she doesn't move. She moves so she can look at me.

      "Yeah. I think so." She whispers and I feel her breath on my skin I smile to myself before wrapping an arm around her waist. She moves again but this time moving so she's laying on her side. Intangling our legs I wrap another arm around her. She pulls back slightly and throws my shirt she had on to the floor before laying with me again. I draw invisible lines in her shoulder and she sighs in content. 

      "I love you angel." I whisper she responds by placing her lips on my skin. She yawns and I realize she's still tired.

      "Go to sleep my love." I whisper to her and kiss her head lightly. She yawns again before looking at me.

      "Is Dean still in your house?" She whispers and I look at her. Her eyes closed.

      "No the boys kicked him out right after you came in here." I tell her lightly. She must not have been comfortable with him on the house because I soon as I say that she moves to get more comfortable. A few minutes later I feel the energy leave her body. Sound asleep. I didn't get the full story just that he showed her to fight and then told her parents. But all the boys looked ready to kill him. Jack and Evan went back to Jack and Angel's house taking Anthony and Tyler with them. Luke and Lucy went into Luke's room. And Dean was thrown out. Everyone very unhappy with him. I don't know why though. No one told me why. I fall asleep with my angel in my arms.

     "Babe!!!" I hear her whine and feel her wiggle in my arms.

     "Babe!!! I gotta pee!" She says and pushes on my arm.

     "Ow!" She yells out in pain and I immediately let her go. I sit up and look at her. She has her hands pressed to her ribcage.

    "Baby I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention." I say quickly and she just shakes her head.

     "It's fine. It's just still really sore." She says and I nod. I bend down and move her hands away before pressing my lips lightly to her rib cage. She sighs and I move away.

     "What. I gotta pee still." She says cutting herself off. She stands and opens my door before slipping out. I hear her soft footsteps on the floor before another door opens and closes. Two minutes later I hear her footsteps again and then she comes back in.

      "You went out there in that?" I say and she looks down.

      "I really had to pee and it's two in the morning." She whispers and I pull her back into my arms on the bed.

      "We still have like a whole four hours." I tell her and she nods before turning and snuggling into my arms. I tighten my hold on her and she sighs in content before and pushes away from me and sneezes.

      "Bless you." I say.

      "Thanks." She whispers and snuggles into me again. She falls asleep snuggled close to me. I wrap my arms tightly around her. And pull my blanket up and around her. I don't fall asleep again. But I  don't move so she can sleep. She hasn't been sleeping much. But she's sleeping right now so I don't want to wake her. She moves closer and whines. I sigh and tighten my arms around her. Her breathing becomes fast and I frown.

     "Angel." I say and shake her slightly.

      "Angel." I say again and she comes too.

       "Are you okay?" I ask and she nods.

       "It was just a dream." She whispers and looks at the clock. She sighs and stands up.

      "Angel?" I ask and she looks at me.

      "I'm fine." She says and starts pacing my room.

      "That is a shit word baby. What's wrong? You have those nightmares all the time." I say and she looks at me.

       "No it was new. It was Dean.." She whispers and I frown.

       "He can't hurt you baby. He won't be able to get close enough to hurt you don't worry baby. Come here." I say and she looks at me before she walks over to me. She stands in front of me and I frown.

       "What happened babygirl? I'm not gonna hurt you." I whisper and she sits on my lap. I wrap my arms around her and she starts crying. I frown.

        "Angel? Come on talk to me. Baby he can't hurt you." I whisper and her breathing picks up. I gotta call Jack. But how..

        "Baby I gotta pee." I whisper and set her on my bed. She grabs my blanket and pulls it up over her. I grab my phone and walk out to the living. I dial Jack's number and it rings. Once. Twice. Three times.

        "Come on Jack pick up the phone." Four times. Five gets cut off.

        "Marco? Do you know what time it is?" His voice says on the other line.

        "She's freaking out and I don't know what I'm suppose to do." I say quickly not worrying about saying hello or the fact that he was sleeping.

        "What do you mean? What happened?" He says and I so I tell him.

         "She was sleeping and then she pushed herself closer to me and whined I didn't think anything of it until her breathing sped up. I woke her up and she was saying it was just a dream.. She came back over to me and sat on my lap and started crying.. And her breathing is fast again." I finish.

        "I'll be right there." He cuts the line and I walk over to the front door before unlocking it and walking back to my room. I pick the shirt she had on up off the floor and walk over to my bed. Her breathing shallow and I frown. I pick her up and set her in my lap before I pull the shirt over her head. She hiccups as she allows me to put the shirt on her. I pull her close to my chest as I lay on my back.

      "I need you to breathe baby girl. Every time you feel me breath I want you to breathe with me baby." I whisper and she whines.

       "My. My lungs are... are to.. tight." She stutters. I frown again before I hear the front door open. I lay her down on my bed and walk out. Jack stands looking at me.

       "She said her lungs are to tight." I say and he nods before he walks to my room. He closes me out and I sigh before I walk out into the living room pacing the length of the couch.