27 HE'S TAKING CARE OF ME

Evangelina Lawrence

Marco pulls me away from Jack and into the bathroom. He doesn't say anything as he starts the shower. He puts the plug in and the bath starts to fill. I wipe my tears but they keep falling.

"Stop. Just let them fall." He says gently before grabbing my arms. I sniffle and he sighs. He pulls the shirt off me and drops it on the floor. He looks at me uncertainty crossing his eyes as he reaches back to undone my bra. Treating me like I might break.

"Here." He says and pulls me up before closing his eyes. He pulls my underwear off and I step into the water. My tears still falling. He sits next to me on the ground.

"I love you baby." He says and I look at the water. Pulling my legs to my chest as the tears fall.

"I'm sorry." I whisper and he looks at me confusion crossing his eyes.

"I'm sorry I'm so broken." I whisper as the tears stream down my face.

"Oh angel." He says and stands up before taking off his sweats and stepping in the tub behind me and pulling me against him. I turn my face and sob into his chest. He rubs my back as I cry but doesn't say anything. He rubs my back and I look at him.

Marco Gray

"Why?.. Why can't I just be normal?" She whispers and my heart drops.

"Oh my sweet... Angel. You're okay. I got you baby." I say as she cries into my chest. I cup some water in my hand and pour it over her head to warm up her head.. We sit in the warm water until I feel it get cool then I stand and grab a towel before wrapping it around my waist. I help her up and wrap a towel around her making sure to cover everything and I walk out. I slip into my room and switch out my boxers before pulling on a pair of sweats. I walk over to her and undo her towel. She takes it and dries herself before she wraps it around her again. She sits on my bed as I step into my closet and pull out underwear and a shirt of mine. I walk back over to her and slide her underwear on her legs. She drops the towel and I slip my shirt over her head. Her tears slowing down leaving her eyes all red and puffy. I frown to myself as I lay her on my bed and walk out of my room.

"Marco. I told you.."

"I know what you told me. She needed me mom. She still does. I can't just leave her mom I won't. You should have seen her." I say cutting off my mom. She sighs before nodding.

"I'll allow it. This one time." She whispers and I look at her.

"If it makes you feel any better. I wasn't naked." I say and she nods.

"Actually that does." She says and I roll my eyes.

"Mom really? I just found out my girlfriend is hurting really bad. You really think I would try something like that?" I say and she looks down.

"Good night sleep well." I say and walk back to my room with a glass of water. I set it on the table next to my bed and I turn around before walking over to my door and close it then shut the light off. I wait for my eyes to adjust before I walk back over to my bed. As I lay down I look at my angel. Her breathing is slow and steady I realize she fell asleep. I climb into my bed and move her gently so I'm on the outside she moves and molds herself to me as I lay down before I pull my blanket up and over her again. I look at my clock and see it's almost four in the morning. I grab my phone and shut the alarm off. Pulling my angel close and shutting my eyes. She pushes against me again and my eyes snap open. She moves again and straddles me. She lays her head on my chest and her hand against my skin. She huffs and sits up before taking off the shirt and laying against me again. I lay my hand on her back and she sighs.

"Are you okay babygirl?" I whisper and she shakes her head. I sigh and she moves her head.

"I'll be okay." She whispers against my skin and I nod.

"I'll know that baby. I know you will." I whisper and she turns her face.

"I love you baby. I got you. I'm here for you." I whisper to her and she nods before placing her lips in my skin. Her way of saying I love you too without actually saying it. I kiss the top of her head and she sighs. I look at her and she doesn't move but it takes a while before her breathing slows down to a normal rate and the energy leaves her body. I know she's tired after everything that happened to night. And I also know I have to take care of her. And be there for her when she needs me. She moves and I let her she breathes deeply and I frown before looking at her. She moves so she's laying on her back and places a hand on her abdomen. I frown before I lay against her. Being careful not to put to much weight on her but she moves her hand to my hair. A trick I've learned calms her down. I smile as I feel her hand slow before stopping completely. Her breathing slow and steady. I turn my face slightly and kiss her skin before turning my head back.

"I love you babygirl." I whisper even though she's asleep. I see her face and she smiles slightly. I yawn and feel myself slip into unconsciousness. Wrapped in my baby's arms.