Chapter 4

Reno in MM.

"Reno I'm scared," I confessed as he drove me home. The night went the exact same as the other time they came to the club, a lot of drinks and big tips.

"I can handle him," he looked over at me but I shook my head. "Here," he handed me his phone. "Put your number in it and then call yourself so we can have each other's numbers," I followed his instructions then handed his phone back after saving both of our numbers.

"You're very obedient," he noted and I nodded. "You'd make a great wife,"

"Thanks," that kind of made me feel better because Andre never makes me feel like I'd ever amount to anything other than paying my bills on time.

"Call me if you can't take it no more, you're grown I can't tell you what to do," Reno and his thick accent said to me as we pulled to the side of my apartment building.

"Thanks Reno," I side hugged him and walked around the car.

"Grace," Andre's voice rang through my ear. He's standing by the buildings staircase to head upstairs. Reno turned off the car as he saw Andre walking towards me.

"Andre," I tried to warn him. I don't think he sees Reno parked in the truck.

"Shut up!" He slapped me and you can hear the echo bouncing off the concrete. My body fell to the floor. "I'm sick of you! And your fucking lying and cheating!" He screamed in my face then started punching me in my face again and again and again. I tried hitting him back but he's stronger than me by a whole lot.

"Enough," Reno said and Andre froze. "Hey! Ain't you that cat who was supposed to pay me?" Andre got off of me and stood up straight as Reno spoke.

"Uh-uh. I-I-I don't ha-have your money," Andre stuttered like a damn dummy.

"I've been letting you slide for weeks!" Reno grabbed him by his throat but didn't squeeze.

"Baby! Give him some money!" Andre pleaded and I shook my head. Beats my ass and then asks for my money.

"Che peccato," Reno said. "You beat her ass and then ask for money? Uomo inutile, non può nemmeno provvedere alla sua famiglia,"

"Wait! I'll work for it. Whatever you need me to-" Andre stopped pleading as soon as he felt a cold gun on his temple.

"I want my money by the end of the week or I'll blow your fucking brains out, I'm only being nice because of Ms. Grace's presence," Reno slapped him with the pistol and helped me up. He also helped me up the stairs and into my apartment. I know when Andre comes upstairs it's not going to be any better for me.

The front door opened and slammed. His shoes against the wood floor in the living room is increasing my heart rate with each step.

"You involving Reno in our business now?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, he was at the club and he gave me a ride home," I almost tripped over my own feet as I backed away.

"Why?" He balled up his fist and released.

"He was there when I saved that old man, his boss. He was trying to be nice," my back touched the cold window and I knew I fucked up.

"You saved Julian Colombo's life? You should've let that old shit die!" He yelled. "Now if I don't pay them, I'm gonna die! What about our son? Growing up without a father? Is that ideal to you? Huh bitch?!" By this time, he's in my face doing the usual.

"No!" I hit him back again and again. I panted as he held his face and then looked at his hands to see blood.

"Oh vas a conseguirlo! ¡Ahora!," he muttered and I understood that. He's been saying it for the past year before he beat me. 'Oh you're going to get it, now' is what it meant.

"I'm sorry," I pleaded. He ignored me and opened the window then shoved my head outside. "No!"

"I'll drop you bitch!" He pushed me further out. The breeze picked up my hair and I know that this two story drop will either kill me or severely injure me.

"Baby," I softly said. I looked him in his eyes. "But I love you," I lied. His bright blue eyes did something that I haven't seen since before prison, it sparkled. It looked like some type of light came back in him. Using this to my advantage, I took my foot and gently ran it up and down his leg.

"You mean it?" He asked and I nodded. "Let's get married,"

"Baby, I don't think that's a-" he choked me and pushed me further out the window. "I'll do it! I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

"I love you," he pulled me back into the apartment, into his arms. I sobbed as he held me close to him. He kissed my lips and gently placed me on the bed. I don't want to do this with him but I'd rather have my life than to lose it at the hands of Andre Rodriguez.

____________________________

*: What a pity

**: Man futile, can't even provide for his family, "