Chapter 22

I watched as her body tossed from side to side. Her usual beautiful face now has pain written all over it. She groaned then started screaming.

"Grace," I gently shook her. She started sobbing and begging whoever is bothering her in her sleep to stop. Soon, her feet started kicking and she started throwing punches.

"You're going to jail for molesting me! You kidnapped me!" She yelled. Who is she talking about? I don't think Andre has ever kidnapped her.

"Baby, wake up," I said in her ear but it didn't help. I started to shake her but that still didn't work. "Grace!" I yelled with extra bass in my voice. She jumped up with sweat running down her neck. The pillow case is drenched in sweat and so is her hair. Like the last time, her hair is matted together like a wild animal.

"Dro?" Her eyes are still closed.

"Yeah, it's me," I pulled her into me and rocked her. She played with her thumbs then looked up at me.

"I said something didn't I?" She asked. Tear streaks stained her face with her eyes are red and puffy.

I nodded. "Something about kidnapped,"

Her eyes grew big and she removed my arm from around her. She got out of the bed without a word and went to the bathroom. If she doesn't want to talk about it then that's fine. I'm not going to force her to talk or do anything because I still have things I haven't discussed with her.

The shower turned on and I stayed in bed for about twenty minutes until she came out. Her towel secured around her body and she didn't even look in my direction. Is she embarrassed?

"Grace," I called to her as she started lotion her skin. She didn't say anything so I got out of bed. "Just look at me," I softly said. She turned her gaze to me and I stared into her deep brown eyes.

"What?" She asked and I just shook my head.

"You don't have to be embarrassed but you also don't have to tell me. Just don't shut me out now," I planted a kiss on her forehead then put my clothes from last night on. "Call me whenever you're ready to talk. Oh, I left the car for you,"

"Thank you," she silently said and I nodded then left to walk to my house. I'm not sure if us living so close is a good thing but for now I'm loving it.

*

*

*

*

"And what does that have to do with me?" I asked Reno.

"That's big time money," He emphasized on big time.

"Mhm, and big time war," I calmly said. I'm not willing to go to war with other mobs for taking over what they started. If the Dojin-kai want to have their drugs in their territory than that's fine but I'm not interfering with them and the Kyushu Seido-kai's bullshit,"

"They want our help in finishing them. You of all people know that we can kill them off with our eyes closed," Tarzan added on. The Japanese are not my problem.

"What was the percentage cut?" I asked.

"70. Fucking 70!!" Reno laughed.

"I don't trust it," I shook my head. "They can keep their 70%, I want the Kyushu Seido-kai's territory when it's all over,"

"That's crazy, they'll never agree to it," Tarzan shook his head.

"Oh well, what's next," I dismissed the Japanese.

"Your father," Tarzan said. "Word around is that he wants to expand in Bronx,"

"Bronx? That's all mine," I scoffed. "Now him? I'd kill in a heartbeat. Let whoever you found that out from know that I'd rather put a bullet in his head,"