Chapter 36

Music blasted in my ears as I downed another shot. This girl is going to drive me absolutely fucking crazy. I'm not cheating. Am I? Have I ever been physical Nina? Yes. Recently? No. Not since I found out she was pregnant.

Nina is something else. She was my release when I left New York thinking that was the best decision. Not just sexually but the fact that she's a very skilled assassin helped with my trigger release problem. I haven't texted her for months as much as she tries whenever she gets too drunk. I would tell Grace that with no problem but she wouldn't believe me and even so it's probably better she doesn't hear me say that I've had sex with someone else.

"Hey Boss," A thick accent said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ryan," I nodded at him as he sat down. As we discussed business I couldn't help but see the resemblance between Ryan and Grace's younger brother. Maybe it's the alcohol messing with me, they look almost like twins though.

I left the club and got driven back to the condo. I haven't seen Grace since yesterday. I left and didn't go back which was probably a stupid thing to do after an argument like that. The drive went by faster than I thought.

"Boss, you look a mess are you sure you don't need me to walk you up?" My driver asked with concern stamped all over his face.

I chuckled. "I'll survive," I hope. My phone pinged with a text message from an unsaved number. I opened it and rolled my eyes at the lingerie Nina sent me.

A little birdy told me that you're back in Chicago

A little birdy told me that you're back in Chicago. I just got back too😘

I deleted the message and blocked the number. I'm not gonna play with this crazy bitch.

Grace

"Hol' on wah yuh mean yuh find messages inna him phone?" My sister yelled through the phone.

I rolled my eyes. "Exactly wah mi just say," This man hasn't been back since last night and it's damn near midnight.

"And he hasn't been back??" Shay asked through the FaceTime. Joys of Group FaceTime, getting bashed by two people at once for your stupidity.

"No," I sighed. I've been putting up a front, lying to Rico about where Dro is and taking care of us all by myself. Has he been with her? Are we really broken up? I know I was saying it but are we actually done?

"Girl fuck him! You have your shit and your good," my sister said switching accents.

"It doesn't work that way," Shay chuckled. I know. I know it doesn't work that way and I know I'll never truly get rid of him, I'm having his baby for God's sake. I'll put up the front to people but I will not sleep with this man after he could've possibly slept with another woman after we had sex.

"I know but I won't be with him behind closed doors. I'll have to put up an Emmy performance," I kinda laughed. They chuckled with me. I'd rather laugh at my pain than cry about it. I'm already very emotional.