Chapter 23

"Congrats!!!!" Shay yelled as I approached the tiny group of people that came out to support me. Tre and Sarah agreed to meet up tomorrow. After a few years of school, I'm finally a RN.

"Thank you," I laughed as she gave me the biggest hug ever.

"Mommy! Congrats!" Rico hugged my leg. I picked him up and kissed all over his face.

"Thank you baby," I kissed his cheek and he giggled.

"Here you go," Reno smiled at me and handed me a humongous gift bag.

"Thank you," I smiled at him. My sister stood off to the side with a smile on her face.

"I'm proud of you," Renee hugged me. I hugged her back with all my might. Hopefully I'm an inspiration for her because for the past four months she's been here she's been out partying at night. I guess one of her friends from Jamaica lives up here now. As long as that hoodlum doesn't come to my house, I'm okay.

We all agreed to meet up at a restaurant to eat dinner. I got into my Range Rover and followed behind Reno's Porsche. I saved up enough of my own money to afford one and my credit score is actually very good. Renee sat on her phone and didn't say anything the whole time. What's bothering her?

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Mhm," She nodded.

I sighed and snatched her phone. She's texting someone about me. I glanced at the name and my mouth dropped. She snatched her phone back and turned her body away. Is she fucking kidding me right now?

*

*

*

"What's going on between you and Renee?" Shay asked as I accompanied her to the bathroom. Her bump complimented her curvy figure and she's literally glowing.

"She was talking about me to Tarzan. I have no idea what she was saying or how the hell she even knows him," I told Shay. The toilet flushed and she washed her hands. When she came out of the stall she didn't say anything.

"What do you know?" I asked her and she sighed.

"Renee and Tarzan are dating. They were probably talking about the fact that you and Dro are no lon-"

"I don't care," I cut her off. I don't want to hear about him or anything he's about. I haven't seen him in two months and I'd like to keep it that way.

"Have you even thought about talking to him?" Shay asked.

"No! I don't care anymore. I opened up to him about my past and a week later, has sex with him, he stops talking to me and moves away. And you want me to contact him?!" My voice started shaking and my eyes watered.

"There has to be a reason, Grace. He loves you," Shay said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm ready to celebrate my graduation now," I told her and she nodded.

"Took y'all long enough," Reno laughed. We all ordered our food and sat talking about everything. Shay's pregnancy, Rico's school, Renee and Tarzan, if I'm getting promoted.

"Speaking of jobs," Shay started off then paused to chew on her pasta. When she finished chewing, she drank water out of a wine glass then sighed. "That was a lot of work," she laughed.

"I bet it was," I joked.

"But speaking of jobs, why're you still working at the basement-slash-hospital?" Shay threw shade which made us all laugh except for Rico. He's too busy coloring in his coloring book and eating his fries.

"Okay, fuck you," I laughed. "And I don't know," I shrugged. I really don't know why I stay. I get paid to sit around and do nothing, not that I'm complaining. I guess a part of me stays there hoping that one day Dro will walk through the doors.

"Well, we love you there," A voice said from behind me. I turned around to see Tarzan with a bouquet of red roses. "Congratulations," He pulled me out of my seat and hugged me tight.

"Thank you," I laughed. These two men has seen me at the lowest points in my life and now they're here to witness me graduate, own a beautiful home and car. It's amazing how life can change within six months. He let me go then went to sit next to Renee, planting a big kiss on her lips. They'd make some cute babies.

We ate and talking for another few hours before Rico got antsy. I know that he wants to go home and sleep. He's been up with me since seven in the morning and it's almost seven at night.

"Guys, I'm going to call it a night," I announced. I tried to get my wallet out but Reno and Tarzan gave me the dirtiest looks. "What?"

"Women don't pay," Reno rolled his eyes at me.

"Especially for a celebration," Tarzan added in. "Just go home and rest. You deserve it,". I thanked them and took Rico with me to the car.

"Mommy," Rico called out from his car seat.

"Yes?" I tried to answer him without sounding hurt. My stomach feels uneasy, like everything I just ate is going to come right back up.

"My daddy is dead right?" He asked and my eyes widened.

"Yeah, baby. He is," I slowly said.

"What about Dro? He can't be my new daddy?" My heart dropped and I can feel the biggest eye roll of my life coming.

"Mommy and Dro aren't friends anymore," I said and he didn't question further. I pulled into my driveway and quickly parked. I turned off the engine then took Rico out of the car because I need to use the bathroom. Badly.

As soon as I reached the half bathroom, I threw up the Italian food I just ate. I groaned after flushing the toilet and washing my mouth out. That was nasty as hell.

"Rico, come take a bath," I called out to him then went into my room. "What the fuck?" I breathed out. About a hundred bouquets of white roses sat in my room with large gift bags on the floor. Who the hell? I saw a candle next to one of the roses. Cinnamon apple. Only one person could've done this.

This gift bags are all full of expensive name brand shoes, bags, clothes. Why is he doing this? In the biggest bouquet, there sat a card.

Grace,
Congratulations on graduating! I'm so damn proud of you. To see your beautiful face with a tassel hanging in front of it, was an honor. You've come a long way, Cuore mio. You probably never want to speak to me again and that's okay but I just want you to know I love you. Giving you up was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life.

-Dro

______________________

I know this was short perooooooo 😮😮😮😮. Time jump!!!

Yes I'll go into details bout what the hell happened.

What did Dro mean when he said the last line???????

Grace is throwing up 👀👀

Rico is asking about Dro 🙃

Renee and Tarzan?!?! Sorry that's just the sexiest couple ever 😍

Shay is preggoooooooo😭😭😍. Girl? Boy?

Love y'all ❤️❤️ I love when y'all get the comment section lit. I lovvvvveeeee comments, so comment more lmao