a letter to loneliness

I love to be alone.

I like to read alone.

I like to listen to music alone.

I like to watch candles burn alone.

I like to dance alone.

I like to write alone.

I like to watch TV shows alone.

I like to sit and listen to the grass dance with the wind while the sun makes the mountains a grave alone.

I like to drink tea alone.

I like to be alone.

But I do not like being lonely.

Because, I do like to read alone, but I don't think I'd mind if someone was there reading the same book with me and whining when I turned the page too early.

I do like to listen to music alone, but I wouldn't mind someone singing every lyric with all their hearts in to hair brushes like they were microphones with me.

I do like to watch candles burn alone, but I wouldn't mind someone being there to comment on how good the candle smelled.

I do like to dance alone, but I wouldn't mind someone being there to dance with me.

I do like to write alone, but I wouldn't mind someone being there to refill my tea for me and make sure I got enough sleep before I wrote for the rest of the night.

I do like to watch TV shows alone, but I wouldn't mind someone yelling at the stupid main character with me and passing me the tissues.

I do like to like listen to the sound of nature and watch the sunset alone, but I wouldn't mind someone being there to make sure I remembered my jacket and wouldn't freeze to death out there.

I do like to drink tea alone, but I wouldn't mind someone debating with me why coffee was better.

I guess I just like being alone, but I do not fancy being lonely.