Chapter 4

I jerk my head up and scowl. Lachie is standing there smirking.

'Don't call me Princess!' I snap standing up.

'Whatever you say. What are you doing out here anyway?'

'Nothing!' I huff.

'Shouldn't you be at school?'

'Yes I should. But so should you.' I walk up the stairs.

'Then why aren't you?'

'My brothers left without me.' I sigh. 'Now why aren't you?'

'I don't know how to get there.' He smirks.

'Oh.' I say blushing slightly. I go up to the door and pull on the handle. The handle doesn't budge. I curse under my breath and try again. It won't move. I feel in my bag for my keys and I feel a cold sense of dread. I left them on my desk. Crap. I rest my forehead against the door and turn around. Lachie is standing there with an amused look.

'Locked out huh?' He says smirking.

'Shut up!' I groan sitting back down on the step.

'Do you need a ride?' I look up in surprise. Is he being serious?

'Um.'

'Yes I am being serious, hurry up though.'

'Okay!' I chirp. I jump up and follow him. He leads me to a motorbike. 'You have got to be kidding me!'

'What? I am bad ass. I can't help it!' I snort. He hands me a helmet and pulls his own helmet on. He then climbs on. Don't do it Adelaide! You could die! I think about my options. Get on the bike and get to school on time and risk dying or, staying on the front porch all day, ruining my perfect attendance. Going with the second idea, I shrug and climb on behind him. I wrap my arms around his waist and bury my face into his back.

'Let's just get this over with!' I mutter. His back vibrates as he laughs and he starts the motorbike.

When we arrive at school there is a group of people at the front gate smoking. Lachie pulls to a stop. He looks over his shoulder.

'Here you go, Princess.' He says. I swing my legs off and unbuckle my helmet. I pass it to him with a simple thanks. He smirks and starts the bike again. I watch as he roars down the street. I shake my head and make my way to the locker, ignoring all of the looks I get. Once to my locker I open it and get my books ready for my first class in 5 minutes.

'Ads!' A high pitched squeal fills the air. I look over and see Steph frantically waving her hand at me. I roll my eyes and turn my attention back to my locker. 'Is it true that you came to school with Lachie? And then you got off and snogged him before Lachie took off again smoking weed?' She cries excitedly when she gets to me.

'Yes I did come to school with him. All of the rest, lies.' I say shutting my locker and facing her.

'Awww!' She squeals jumping from one foot to the other. Smiling, I shake my head and drag her to our first class.

We arrive at our home group class and I slide into my usual seat. Steph sits on the table in front of me facing me. My other best friend walks in and sits at the table next to me.

'Hello.' She says. She lived in England for three years and so her British accent is very strong. She reaches into her bag and digs around for stuff.

'Hey Scar.' I reply.

'Scarlet!! Have you heard the news?!' Steph squeals. Scarlet instantly looks up intrigued.

'What news?'