Chapter 9

2 and 1/2 hours later I have a perfect routine set up. I shower off all the sweat and change into a loose white t-shirt and grey sweatpants that aren't mine. My guess is they are Hunter's but, it really could be anyone's. I loop my hair into a loose ponytail and stomp down the stairs. Hunter and two of his football friends are in the kitchen, sitting around the table. The table is covered in papers and little whiteboards. They are probably planning for the upcoming football season, and seeing as Hunter is team captain, it makes perfect sense.

'Hey Hunt.' I mutter walking over to the fridge.

'Ads.' He replies not even looking at me. I bend into the fridge and reach for my Chocolate Big M I had stored in there. I feel the familiar carton and pull it out. I turn around and see Hunter's friends ogling my backside. I roll my eyes and walk out the kitchen and into the lounge.

'Dude, your sister is HOT.' I hear one of the boys say.

'Yeah she is. I would totally-' The second voice is cut off by a loud thwack. 'What the hell!'

'Don't you ever talk about my sister like that again, or I will shove this up your arse!' Hunter growls. I giggle to myself and throw myself down on the couch. I turn on Netflix and settle into another episode of American Horror Story.

Sometime during the third episode of my small binge, Conner comes home and joins me, occasionally taking a sip from my milk. I don't mind sharing with Conner, 'cause we are basically the same person so its like I am not sharing at all! God, I am glad people can't hear my logic sometimes!

'Boo!' Someone hollers behind me and Conner screams at the top of his lungs like a girl and falls off the couch. I burst into hysterics at Conner. I look behind me and Hunter is crying he is laughing so hard. Conner grumbles to himself as he picks himself off the floor.

'That wasn't funny, dickhead!' Conner says. I nod my head still laughing.

'Um, yes it was!' I exclaim.

'Yeah, you're face was hilarious!' Hunter says, holding his stomach.

'You guys are so mean!' Conner whines.

Ty walks in and throws himself on the couch next to me causing me to drop the now empty milk carton.

'Hey guys.' Ty greets us. I cross my arms ad roll my eyes.

'I am a girl!' I huff. Ty smirks and Hunter rolls his eyes.

'You sure?' Hunter asks, vaulting himself over the back of the couch and nearly landing on top of me. Conner, not so fortunate, gets a face full of Hunter.

'Hunter! Get off you fat ass!' Conner yelps, pushing Hunter off of him. I giggle.

'Someone is in a crap mood.' Ty notes.

'Uh huh.' I reply to him. Suddenly there is a loud crash and I look over to see Conner and Hunter wrestling on the floor, rolling over and over around the living room. I look back at Ty and he rolls his eyes at me.

'How old are they?' Ty asks me. I shrug.

'You're guess is as good as mine.'

Ty laughs and gets up off the couch. Hunter is straddling Conner and is about to punch him in the face. Ty rips Hunter off of Conner and pushes him back.

'Stop Hunter!' Ty barks. Hunter stumbles backwards and trips over a crease in the rug. He falls and lands on his butt, hard. Ty helps Conner up and Conner is holding his side. I look back at Hunter and he is glaring at Conner and Ty like he wants to kill them. Oh crap.

'Hunter...' I begin.

'What's going on?' Harry asks walking in from the front door. 'Hello?' He says when no one replies. Hunter makes a low growling noise from the back of his throat and his nostrils flare.

'Conner, go.' Harry says calmly. Conner nods wincing and makes his way to the hallway.  Abruptly, Hunter leaps up and blocks Conner from getting to the hallway. Conner jumps and takes a hesitant step backwards, glancing back at Harry, uncertain what to do. Hunter takes big bounding steps to Conner before we can say anything. Hunter puts his face about two inches away from Conner's.

'You wanna go me? Huh?!' He snarls pushing Conner in the chest.

'You would lose anyway!' Conner spits back shoving Hunter back twice as hard.

'Stop!' Ty yells suddenly, making me jump. Hunter swings his closed fist around, smashing Conner in the left side of his face. He stumbles backwards but recovers quickly, Hunter and Conner have been having scraps like this for a long time, never this bad though. Conner, using his body weight, ploughs his fist into Hunters stomach. Hunter wheezes and takes a few steps back.

'Stop!' I scream. Conner looks at me and his eyebrows furrow together when he sees the tears streaming down his face. Hunter tackles Conner whilst Conner was distracted and they both fall to the floor with a bang.

'Enough!' Harry roars suddenly. Conner's arms go limp and Harry pulls Hunter off of him and Ty helps Conner up. 'Adelaide, get ice.' Harry commands. I nod numbly and go into the kitchen. I fill two pieces of cloth with ice and walk back into the lounge. Conner is sitting on the couch with Ty at his side. Harry has Hunter against the wall, whispering something to him, a hand on either side of Hunter. Hunter is still seething at Conner and I tremble slightly. I give the first bag to Conner and he gratefully presses it against his bruising cheek. I go and offer one to Hunter.

'Only losers use ice.' He sneers and knocks the bag from my hand, the ice cubes spilling all over to floor. Harry glares at him. 'Get off me!' Hunter suddenly shouts, pushing Harry back. 'Your not my dad! You're not Adelaide's either! Or Ty's or even Conner's!' Harry stares at him.

'I never said I was.' Harry says calmly.

'And we still have a dad!' Ty pipes in.

'Yeah, but it was his fault Mum is dead!' Hunter yells. Ty and Harry instantly straighten.

'Hunter, stop.' Ty says warningly. Conner and I share a glance.

'What do you mean?' Conner asks carefully.

'Ty, take them out, anywhere.' Harry says to Ty. Ty nods and grabs Conner by the arm towing him out. He grabs my forearm firmly as well.

'No!' I say ripping my arm out of his hand. 'Tell us!' I demand staring at Ty. Ty looks at Harry and Harry shakes his head. 'Hunter?' I plead, my voice cracking as tears form in my eyes.

'We may as well tell them now!' Hunter says to Harry, his anger disappearing.

'You should sit down.' Harry sighs.

I have exams going on at the moment, so I probably won't be updating for a while and if I do, then they would be very short chapters. Sorry! ;)
Vote xx