Chapter 21

Hi guys! So this is going to a relatively short chapter because I have been super duper busy lately. I hope you guys enjoy and you guys should know that there is a pretty major plot twist coming up, so be ready! Vote xo

Lachie looks at me like I have grown a third eyeball.

'You do know what time it is.' He says slowly. I look at the dashboard. It says 12:56 am. I nod.

'I said I would be back late.' Lachie smiles for a second but then it is quickly replaced with a smirk.

'Ok. If you are sure.' I nod.

'I have nothing better to do.' I say and Lachie scoffs and rolls his eyes as he pulls out of the parking spot.

We drive around for ages until he stops at a forest.

'What are we doing here?' I ask confused.

'You will see. Now get your fat ass out the car.' Lachie says getting out. I feign hurt.

'That hurt Lachie, that really did.' I say putting my hand to my chest.

'Well someone has to tell you the truth.' Lachie smirks. I scoff and put my hand on his shoulder.

'I have to tell you something.' I say seriously. All the light from Lachie's eyes disappear and he looks at me with interest.

'You really need to lay off the Oreos.' I say serious. Lachie's eyes widen in surprise and he lifts his shirt to look down at his stomach where you can easily see his toned abs.

'Really?!' He asks in disbelief and I burst into peels of laughter. Lachie smirks and shakes his head at me. That's the good thing with Lachie, we can have playful banter and no one will get offended. 'Come on, lets go.' He says swinging an arm over my shoulder and we walk into the forest.

'How do I know you aren't going to lure me into here, rape me and then murder me?' I ask after like ten minutes of walking.

'It wouldn't be rape if you enjoyed it.' Lachie retorts and my inside flutters.

'Haha.' I say sarcastically.

I have no idea where we are going until I smell the sea. We walk around a few more trees and I gasp when I realise where we are. The Cliff.

'Why are we here?'

'What do people do at The Cliff?' Lachie asks smirking as he walks over to the edge and sits down. I gulp.

'No way is that going to happen. You hear me!?' I snap. Lachie laughs, full on laughs at me. 'Stop laughing!' I whine sitting down next to him.

'Your reaction was priceless!' He gasps. I roll my eyes.

'I am glad you thought so.' I mutter and Lachie sobers. 'But seriously, what are we doing here?'

'Well, I had to think fast and thought of here. Besides, I need to do something.'

'Do what?' I ask my eyebrows drawing together.

'You remember when Taylor confronted you?' I snort and lie back, my head propped up on a mound of sweet smelling grass.

'How could I not?'

'And I kissed you?' Lachie says also lying back. I nod my heart beat increasing.

'Yeah.' I say hesitantly.

'Well, I thought it wasn't fair how I just used you to get Taylor off of my back.' Lachie explains, turning his head and looking at me. I turn my head and stare into his cool, blue eyes.

'It's fine.' I stammer.

'No it isn't.' Lachie replies leaning on one side and looking down at me. I gulp. He then slowly leans closer and closer to me until our noses are a cm away. My breathing increases dramatically and I realise that so is Lachie's. 'Was it your first?' He asks softly.

'What?'

'Your first kiss?' I blush and nod my head slightly.

'Yeah.' I admit quietly. Lachie's face falls.

'I am so so sorry! That is so not fair-' Lachie babbles on put I put my finger against his lips and his breathing hitches.

'It's fine.' I breathe softly. Lachie stares at me for a while before slowly wrapping his arm over my waist and up my back. He pulls me against him, eliminating any space between us. I slowly inch my face closer to his and he closes the gap between our lips. My world falls apart as he kisses me. It's like nothing is ever wrong in the world, in fact, the world slips away. He gently bites my bottom lip for entry and I give it to him. I deepen the kiss making him groan into my mouth and lie down on his back, forcing me to lie on top of him. We pull away for a second to catch our breath before Lachie rolls us over and propping himself up on his elbows and a knee to keep him from crushing me. I wrap my arms around his torso and bring him closer to me. Finally, I break the kiss and lay the back of my head against the soft grass and stare up into Lachie's eyes and the starry skies around me.

'Is that a better kiss?' Lachie asks, pushing a strand of hair out of my face. I grin and tilt my head towards Lachie's touch.

'Yes.' I breathe out, still trying to catch my breath. Lachie smirks.

'Of course it was Princess! I am a fabulous kisser.' Lachie brags pouting his lips. I let out a laugh and push him off me. I sit up and smooth my hair out. Lachie just lies on the ground, limbs sprawled out everywhere and staring at me.

'What?'

'You are beautiful.' He states. I am about to blush when I remember last time we were here, he called me beautiful and then laughed at me and said he was joking.

'I am not falling for that one again.' I say seriously, standing up. Lachie's eyebrows crease together for a second as he also stands up.

'No, I was being serious. Both times.' I scoff and roll my eyes.

'Can we go please.' I say, sick of his ways.

'No!' He says suddenly making me jump. He grabs my hand and looks at me with pleading eyes. 'I think I am falling for you Princess. You are the only girl who has ever made me feel this way. I can't stop thinking about you and when I finally do stop, something I see or hear or smell reminds me of you! I have been meaning to kiss you like that for a while now. Your smell, it's intoxicating. Your eyes, the perfect blue. Your lips, I want to kiss them all day long. Your hair, I love it when it is curly like it is now or when you first wake up. Just, you.' I gasp and choke back a sob.

'I.. I don't know what to say.' I stammer.

'Don't say anything.' He replies, the wall behind his eyes broken. I take a step closer to him and he wraps his arms around me and pulls me against his warm, hard chest. I inhale deeply and his sweet smell fills my nostrils. We stand like that for a few minutes until Lachie breaks the silence.

'Can I ask you a question?'

'Yes.'

'Will you be my girlfriend?'

Vote xx