Chapter 17

Fireworks erupt in my heart as Lachie kisses me. I stand there staring at his closed eyes my arms down by my side. I slowly close my eyes but keep my arms and lips still. Suddenly Lachie's warmth disappears and I open my eyes. Conner is standing between me and Lachie seething.

'Don't you touch her again!' Conner barks Lachie is seething at him, the right side of his face bruising where Conner's fist had landed just seconds ago Steph appears at my side and wraps her arm around my shoulders.

'You aren't the boss of me.' Lachie growls. Then he turns to a shocked Taylor. 'We are not dating.'

'Baby! We are!' Taylor insists putting her hand on his shoulder and I narrow my eyes at her.

'Okay fine! We were dating but you just caught me cheating on you so, we are through!' Lachie announces and then he turns back to Conner, leaving a gawping Taylor staring at Lachie's back. 'A is her own person, she can do whatever the hell she wants to!'

'Well how about we ask her what she wants.' Conner bites back. They both turn to me. 'Who Ads? Me or him.' Conner asks frowning slightly. I look between Lachie and Conner. My brother or the most infuriating, annoying and most adorable person on the planet? If you had of asked me this question before yesterday, I would have chosen Conner over Lachie in a heart beat but, after yesterday, Lachie isn't as bad as he seems.

'Well?' Lachie asks scowling. Hang on, how would Taylor know about the car crash and the scar? Lachie told her! That deceiving liar!

'Conner.' I ground out. Hurt flashes through Lachie's eyes for a second before he builds the wall back up. Conner smiles at me and then sneers at Lachie.

'Now that we have this cleared up, stay away from her.'

'Or what?' Lachie says savagely.

'I can ruin you.' Conner whispers harshly to Lachie. Only us three hear it. It's true. My mum was a very much loved woman and all of my brothers are popular and are amazing at what they do. Because they are all very popular, they have a lot of resources at their hands. Lachie just scoffs, looks at me once more making me look down at the ground, then walks off with a whining Taylor behind him.

'What are you look at? Scram!' Steph snaps at the gobsmacked crowd. They all jump before walking off, no doubt talking about the show that we have just put on. Conner turns to me and smiles weakly. I smack him on the arm.

'What is wrong with you?' I cry.

'He was kissing you!'

'Yeah and? I am nearly 16 Conner! I don't need you to protect me anymore!'

'Sorry to tell you this Ad but I have to.'

'Tell me what?' I demand.

'Lachie is just going to use you and then kick you to the curb.' Conner says bitterly. I roll my eyes.

'Who says I like him? Who says I care about him? Who says I don't already know his player ways and there fore am not going to get involved with him?' I screech.

'Me.' A voice behind me says. I whip around and see a girl with waist length fiery red hair. I look back at Conner and he is just as confused as I am.

'Who are you?' Steph asks. Whoops, I forgot she was here.

'I am Hazel. I am new.'

'Then how do you know what is going on with me and Lachie?' I ask confused yet intrigued.

'He is my ex.' With that said, Hazel turns on her heel and disappears down the hallway.

'Well that was dramatic.' Scarlet says suddenly. We all look at her surprised and she rolls her eyes. 'I was here the whole time guys.'