Chapter 20

Hi, I realise the dialogue is still a bit strange on the iPad and iPhone. I am pretty sure it is ok if you are reading from a computer or laptop but I am not a 100% sure about that. Enjoy this chapter xx

I run up the stairs, ignoring the shouting and gaming sounds coming from the living room. I scramble into my room and jump into the shower. I have the worlds quickest shower including a hair wash and a shave and then burst into my room. I quickly shut the curtains and open my wardrobe and pull out multiple outfits. My eyes lie on a dress. It is tight, black fitting around my torso and it turns to a scarlet red chiffon. The dress stops about mid thigh and it has a cut out on my chest. Happy with my choice, I throw the rest of the outfits in my wardrobe and slip on my black Victoria secret bra and underwear set. I then sit down on my velvet chair at my dresser and begin my make up. I keep it simple with smokey eye and winged eye liner. Deciding on red lipstick, I do cupid lips on my lips and then quickly paint my nails the same colour as the red part of my dress. I dry my hair and curl it into beautiful, loose curls. I then slip on the dress and strap black velvet pumps. I pull out a black wallet and put my phone and house keys in. Then my phone beeps.

Lachieee: I am outside Princess.

Me: Ok. Be out soon :)

I walk out my door and shut it quietly. I then creep down the stair and see Conner in the hallway.

'Where are you going?' Conner asks looking me up and down.

'To a party.' I reply confidently.

'The party at Drew's?'

'Who?'

'Drew. He is a senior at school. I would advise not going to that party, there will be alcohol and drugs no doubt.' Conner says walking into the kitchen.

'Ok, I'll be careful. Can you tell Harry I will be back late.' I call after him.

'Yup.' He calls over his shoulder. I nod to myself and then walk out the door.

Thankfully Lachie is taking his car and not his motorbike. He is leaning up against the car wearing jeans and a black v neck shirt that leaves nothing to my imagination.

'Hi.' I greet him. He looks up from his phone and his jaw drops at me. 'What?' I ask looking down at my dress. 'Is it too much?' I smooth down my dress.

'No, no. You look beautiful.' He stammers, his 'cool boy' act still broken. I blush crimson and to hid that fact, I do a little twirl. 'Maybe we shouldn't go to the party.'

'What, why?' I ask slightly angry. I spent all that time getting ready and then he says 'oh maybe we shouldn't go.' Yeah right! Like that is going to happen.

'Well what else are we going to do?'

'I don't know. Something just the two of us.'

'Look, I am flattered and everything but I want to go!' I whine like a little kid.

'Okay fine. Get in the car.' Lachie grumbles walking around and getting in.

'Thank youuu!' I chime getting in also. It only occurred to me then that Lachie had just semi asked me out on a date.

When we arrive at the party, the music is pumping and there are already passed out, drunk induced teens scattered across the front lawn. Lachie somehow manages to get a park right outside the house.

'This is... interesting.' I say when we get out the car. Lachie grunts.

'Stay with me the whole time. You don't know who is here.' He says before striding up the pathway.