Chapter 19

Someone, please. Please help me! My arms are starting to go numb from how tight my captors are holding me. They carry me closer and closer to a white van and every step closer my stomach drops. They are going to rape me and then kill me. I don't want to die. 'Please let me go! I won't tell anyone!' I try for the last time when we are next to the car. The leader turns around and backhand slaps me across the cheek. I yelp.

'Just shut the fuck up already! I am done being the nice guy!' He yells at me and I whimper.

'Put her down.' A deep voice says from the darkness. The leader peers into the darkness. 'Who are you?' He asks. A man steps into the light and I hold my breath. Please be Lachie.

'I am Xavier. Now put the girl down or there will be hell to pay.' He growls. Who is Xavier? And where is Lachie? God dammit! The leader chuckles and the rest of the masked captors join in.

'And how do you plan on making us pay?' He taunts. Xavier smirks and my insides twist.

'Do you really want to find out, Tough Guy?' The leader gulps a bit but then covers it up with bravado.

'Like you would be able to take us on.' The guy scoffs.

'Very easily.' Xavier replies simply and several other figures step out of the shadows. The leader visibly gulps and nods to the guys holding me. They let go of me and I fall to the ground with a thud. I feel a sharp pain shoot up my elbow and I cringe in pain. I hear shouting and I look up. There is two lines, my captors and my saviours on seperate sides. 'Leave now and no one will get hurt, mate.' Xavier says causally.

'Boss, we should go. The slut is not worth it.' One of the guys who was holding my arm says.

'Dave! Shut up!' The leader barks and the guy who I am guessing is called Dave takes a step back.

'I don't want to be apart of this anymore.' Dave says and turns to leave but Xavier stops him.

'Don't you have anything to say to her?' He asks jerking his head in my direction. Dave stops and looks down at me with worried eyes.

'Sorry.' Dave mutters before scampering off. Two other men leave with him and the leader begins to realise what a mess he is in. It is five to three. There is no way that he will win. The leader turns to me with a sick smile and points a fat finger in my face.

'I'll get you when you don't have your boyfriend to protect you!' He spits and storms off with his other two lap dogs. When he has gone Xavier comes over to me and helps me up gently.

'Are you alright?' He asks in a husky voice and my heart skips a beat. I nod and hold my injured elbow close to my chest. 'You are hurt.' He states, noticing the way I am holding my elbow.

'I am fine. Thank you.' I say smiling weakly. Xavier smiles softly and looks over me.

'What is your name?'

'Adelaide.' I reply smiling slightly. The way he looks at me... It's like there is nobody else in the world but me.

'Pretty name.' I am thankful for the dim light otherwise he would have seen my cheeks turn bright pink. 'What are you doing out here alone?'

'Oh, I am not alone. I was dancing in the warehouse over there.' I explain pointing to the warehouse. 'My dance partner was just cleaning up and he told me to wait outside.'

'Where is he?' Xavier asks suddenly, looking very angry.

'He should be coming out very soon.' I lie, covering up for Lachie. I am going to rip into him once I see him but he doesn't need a stranger to yell at him. Xavier would probably beat him up as well. Xavier frowns a bit.