Chapter 11

'It might be an idea to shut your mouth before flies come out' I snap my mouth shut and turn to Alec.

'Is he my partner?' I ask flabbergasted.

'Well yes. Is there a problem?' Alec asks confused. I turn back and take another look at Lachie. He has a tight white shirt on leaving nothing to my imagination. Lachie clears his throat and I snap my eyes back to his crystal blue ones. Embarrassed I was caught staring I turn back to Alec.

'No.' I force out with a forced smile. 'No problem at all.'

'Great! Meet the rest of the crew.' Alec exclaims clapping his hands together to make a loud boom across the silent ware house. He beckons the the group of people watching and they walk over. Well they don't really walk, they swagger. A girl with short, dyed purple and pink hair, one side shaved, approaches me first.

'Heya girlie! I am Roxy!' She exclaims pulling me into a hug. I carefully wrap my arms around her torso briefly before stepping back a step. Personal space darling. 'This is my partner Marley.' She enthuses pulling a tall skinny boy towards her. His dark hair covering one of his eyes. He smiles without showing any teeth and doesn't say a word.

'Hi, I am Loren.' A pretty girl with long brown wavy hair greets me. She hugs me briefly and her perfume washes through my nose. I look into her emerald green eyes and she smiles widely. 'Welcome to the crew. That's my dance partner, James.' She says softly. A boy with blonde hair steps forward and stands next to her.

'Hey Adelaide, right?' I nod. The group bombards me with names. The other three girls are Savannah, Mackenzie and Katie. Katie seems very nice and so does Savannah but, Mackenzie, not so much. The other two boys are Nick and Guy. So the partners are; Roxy and Marley, Loren and James, Savannah and Guy, Mackenzie and Nick, Katie and Alec and then Lachie and me. They quickly take me through the most recent dance that they have created.

I reach into my bag and take a swing of water when Loren approaches me.

'Hey, how old are you?' She asks leaning against the wall, taking a sip of her own water.

'Um 15. Why?' Her eyes widen a bit when I tell her this.

'You're... 15?!' She exclaims. I nod nervously. 'Jesus!'

'What?'

'You're amazing for a 15 year old!' She praises. I blush at the compliment.

'Well, thank you.'

'Oh dear.' She says suddenly.

'What?'

'We perform at clubs.' She says quietly. I feel my eyes widen. Katie arrives next to Loren.

'You are amazing Adelaide.' Katie says when she stops walking.

'Thanks. Call me Addie.' I reply. Katie nods.

'Kate, Addie is 15.' Loren informs her. Katie's eyebrows shoot up.

'Seriously?' She asks both of us. We nod in unison.

'What will Alec say?' Loren utters.

'About what?' Alec asks appearing out of nowhere. Loren squeals and jumps. Katie laughs nervously.

'Um, Adelaide is 15.'

'Oh.' Alec says. He turns to me his face apologetic. 'Sorry to say this Adelaide, but-'

'No!' I cut him off. 'My dad won't mind. Please! Let me stay!' I beg.

'It's not that easy Adelaide.'

'How come Lachie can get in? He is 16!? Only one year older then me!'

Alec considers this.

'If you can get written permission from your dad, then it should be fine. But so you know, it can get quite hectic in clubs.' Alec finally says. I smile brightly.

'Thank you!'

'It's ok, now, pack up your shit. All of you.' He says. Then he turns to the rest of the troop who are lounging around. 'Alright! I am locking up in 5. Get your asses out of here!' His voice booms everywhere. Everyone leaps up and makes their way out the door.

The temperature has dropped significantly since Scarlet dropped me off. Everyone walks off to various cars and I wander around behind them.

'Hey sweetie, How are you getting home?' Mackenzie asks. I blush furiously when everyone looks at me.

'Um. I am not sure.' I admit after a while. I am thankful for the dim light so no one can see my horrified face.

'I can take her home.' A voice pipes up. I look up and see Lachie dangling keys from his fingers. I groan inwardly. Please not him.

'Great! Do you guys live close to each other?' Guy asks hugging Savannah close to him.

'Yeah, next door.' Lachie replies. Within three strides, he his next to me, his body warmth radiating onto me.

'Awesome. See you soon bro.' They do the weird guy handshake hug thing and Guy directs Savannah to a car further down the street.

'Bye Adelaide!' Savannah calls over Guy's shoulder.

'Yeah, bye Ads!' Guy adds.

'Bye!' I call back. Lachie and I quickly say goodbye to the rest of the group before me following Lachie to his car. Once I get in he starts the car and turns the heat up to my relief.

The trip home is silent, to my relief. As we get closer to home. I break the silence.

'Please don't park the car outside my house.'

'Why would I do that?' Lachie retorts.

'Oh.. um... I don't know.' I stutter. My cheeks and neck heats up and I feel Lachie stare at me. 'Look at the road.' I snap. Lachie's smirk widens and his eyes flick back to the road.

Lachie pulls up into his drive and I practically fall out the car, I was trying to get out that quickly. He has as much personality as a dead rat.

'Thanks for the ride.' I mutter as I pull my bag closer to my body, trying to block the wind that is blowing over my bare arms and legs. I roll my eyes when he doesn't reply. I storm down the driveway but stop when Lachie calls my name. 'What?' I spit turning around. Lachie shuffles over to me and then looks at me.

'Don't I get a goodnight kiss?' He ask innocently. My mouth falls open in shock and he snorts. 'Your face!'

'You are so immature!' I sneer before turning on my heel and marching down his driveway and up mine.

I carefully let myself in through the back door and sneak up the stairs. All the lights are off downstairs and only Harry's light is on and his door is slightly ajar.  I do my best to get to my room unnoticed but I fail and stop short when I hear Harry whisper-yell my name. I turn and face him. He has a white tee shirt on and some boxers.

'Where were you?'

'Out.' I reply vaguely.

'No, seriously.'

'I am not a kid anymore Harry! You can't control my every move! All of you think you own me!' I snap.

'You are 15 Adelaide!' Harry snaps back. I gulp. He used my full name.

'Whatever!' I sneer brushing him off and walking to my room. I collapse on my bed. I quickly check through my social media and gasp when I see the time. 3:30. I have school in a couple hours! I quickly get ready for bed, say goodnight to Mum and fall into a deep sleep.

 please, please vote! Xx