Camp Crush (maybe more!) Ch.11

ok guys ive been super busy and i cannot talk long because of the librarian so it has mistakes but enjoy!!!!!! VOTE AND COMMENT

Ch.11

LATER

"Oh, it's getting closer," Amber said, looking towards the almost black sky. It was just past 6, which meant we were a little late to dinner. But you would have thought it was almost 9 o' clock with the look of the sky.

"You know, it's a tornado warning in this county," Jace said walking in the door of the Art and Crafts pavilion. My eyes lit up when I saw him and Amber so noticed.

"Seriously?" Amber asked.

"Yep," Jace answered casually.

"Oh, that reminds me. I have to go pick up that sports things before the weather gets really, really nasty," I said getting up off the ground.

"Ok, I'm going to head up to the lodge for dinner," Amber proclaimed.

"And I'm going to go put up the canoes that the kids left out," Jace announced.

"Alright, since we have suddenly all become busy, I'll meet you up at the lodge," I said to both of them as I walked off.

When I reached the sports field, I noticed there were a lot of things that needed to be put up. Cones, random balls, and the occasional empty water bottles the kids had left out. My first area I would hit was the water bottles.

While picking them up, a bolt of lightning lit up the sky followed by a loud rumble of thunder. I picked up my pace. In the middle of my second task, picking up the balls, it started raining. No, not raining, pouring. It felt like I was standing right under the shower head while it was running. Looking for a little relief, I spotted the little storage barn and ran over to it.

After I rushed inside, I remember that my back pack was out in the open getting drenched by the rain.

"Shoot," I muttered to myself throwing the door back open, rushing out.

I ran to my bag and snatched it up, while grabbing the closet cones as well. The lightning and thunder had not stopped, but it was like back ground music compared to the pouring down rain.

I finally reached my last cone. But suddenly, every piece of the sky in my vision was electrocuted by lightning. Before I even had time to heed the warning, the earsplitting crash of thunder made its way to my ears and rocked the earth. Because of its randomness, I fell to my knees and screamed from the fright. Screw the cone, I thought as I jumped back up off the ground. I'm getting out of here!

I sprinted to the barn for dear life. A few seconds after I slammed the barn door shut, panting, the new sound of gumballs being dropped on the tin roof of the barn could be heard. I realized slowly that that was the hail. Following it was a whistling noise coming through the cracks of the barn from the gusting wind outside. I felt the barn starting to rock back and forth.

Pointlessly, I moved to the middle of the barn and stared in horror at my surroundings. The noises were so loud!! The whistling sounds were getting higher to the point that I cringed when it pierced my ears.

The door was thrown open with so much force I thought it was the howling wind at first. Jace came into view in the middle of the doorway, panting.

"Follow me!" he bellowed to me, although I slightly heard it because the wind carried it off. Without a second thought, I ran towards him, snatching up his welcoming hand as he started running somewhere with me behind him, struggling to run correctly with my backpack.

While running, I took in what was happening around me. The rain had calmed down to a slight mist and the lightning had stopped although its cousin, thunder, could still be heard. Every inch of what I saw outside was being swallowed by a green haze. I dangerously looked up at the sky to see a cloud about 3 miles to my left dipping up and down towards the earth. A funnel cloud...