Camp Crush (maybe more!) Ch. 13

ok peeps this is kinda short .....i think....but anyways i have a lot more time to write because im sick. Enjoy!!! VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!

Ch.13

I was so sick of feeling pain. Pain, pain, pain, pain and more pain. It was a part of my daily routine now.

There are many different types of pain, but there are 4 main ones that I have experienced throughout the years. Physical pain, which, except for the people who have nerve disorders, is very common. Pain cause by death, which I have experienced first handedly for quite some time. Pain caused by someone dear to you, like a friend or relative.

And then there was pain caused by the most ignorant creatures to ever inhabit this earth: boys.

The physical pain took place in my stomach, tempting me to gag, and my lungs, which had refused to stop working even though I tried to breathe. It amazed me how someone could inflict this much pain without even having to touch me. They weren't even aware that they were the cause of this hurt. I mean-, I see Jace looking at me, but he cannot fathom how much it hurt.

The pain of death occupied half of my brain. The part of me that had the nerve to think that Jace had ever liked me was dead. It had been gruesomely murdered not 10 seconds ago. And I had no idea if I could, or even wanted to, revive it again. With all the pain that death had caused me over the years, I had cut revive out of my vocabulary. I hadn't thought or used that word since I was 12. But now, the chance of reviving it was the only thing I could hold onto.

The pain caused by someone dear to you dwelled in my eyes and in the other half of my brain. The mere shock of it showed on my face. I felt betrayed. Jace knew so much about me; what hurt me and what didn't. And this hurt me. Extremely bad. The only other person who knew me as well as he did was Amber. And she was my twin sister for crying out loud! Which was a very good description of what I wanted to do right now.

And last, but not least, was pain caused by boys. They had no idea of the potential they had on girls. They could wreak havoc on a girl without even thinking about it. Those pictures and sayings "My heart broke" couldn't have been any more realistic than it was right now. My heart lay in millions of pieces down in the pit of my stomach. I had felt agony before, but this was a totally different type of torture that I was being put through.

I felt Amber pull on me and I gave in to her strength. One look at her and I knew she wanted to kill Jace for what he had done.

AFTER DINNER

"Excuse me," I said to Grandma and Grandpa. "I have to go help clean up," I explained, flashing a warning look to Amber. I did not want to be comforted right now. I just wanted to get out of this room and away from Jace.

I got up and directed my eyes away from his. I could feel his penetrating gaze boring into my back.

I walked in the kitchen and, without asking, just started picking up things. Matt was in there and he came up to me.

"Anna, Are you ok?" he asked gently.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said automatically.

"Look, I tried to tell him, but-," I cut him off.

"You knew?" I asked, raising my voice. Well, great! Now my embarrassment is known to one more person.

"Look, I'm sorry, but-," he looked sorry, but I just wasn't in the mood.

I held up my hand to stop him and walked out of the kitchen to the condiments table to pick up the salad stuff. I noticed that the people weren't all around the tables anymore, except for Amber, Grandma and Grandpa.