Chapter 5

Zoe's PoV

We all sat around the tent that Percy was being treated in. All we could hear was his painful cries as Apollo reset his bones. I looked down and still had his blood stained on my skin then looked at all the other girls who helped carry Percy to the camp had blood all over them. Phoebe cried on my shoulder as we waited and listened. His screams finally stopped and Apollo flashed out leaving us in silence. I grabbed Phoebe and walked into the tent to see how Percy was doing. Artemis was rubbing circles on his forehead which always seemed to calm him down.

She looked up and smiled at us "He will be fine but he will be in a lot of pain for awhile and his pain medication will last only an hour before we have to give him more. Do you girls want to stay with him?"

Phoebe smiles "yes my lady." She stood up and kissed his forehead before leaving us. Phoebe and I sat down next to the bed and watched him sleep.

"Do you think Lycaon is trying to take Percy away?" I ask Phoebe.

She shrugs "Yeah I mean Percy is the product of the most powerful werewolves. Lupa is going to come when he turns twelve or thirteen. She said he should be safe to return to the pack."

I look down at him "I don't want her to take him because he is family now." His breathing started picking up like his body was registering the pain. "Calm down Percy you will make it worse."

He groans "I feel like I got hit by a truck." He started sweating.

Phoebe laughed "That is a good analogy but you got hit by a werewolf on steroids."

"Hey, Phoebo glad to know that you care."

I start laughing "Phoebo?"

He smiles "Yeah it's a nickname I just came up with." His smile turns into a grimace.

I frown "Shut up because you're making your pain worse."

"I love you too Zoe. Hey, Phoebe why were you crying and don't lie I can smell the salt from tears."

She rubs behind his ear even though he is in human form "I was worried about you little wolf." He closes his eyes making a wolfish noise before crying out in pain.

I stood up looking for the medicine "Hold on Percy I am looking for your pain medication." I found it and gave it to him.

"Thanks, Zoe." He slurs before grunting in pain.

Phoebe rubs her fingers on his forehead. "Go to sleep mutt because you need to heal."

He opens one eye "Don't call me mutt." His words start slurring and he fell asleep.

I sit back down next to Phoebe "What are we going to do with Lycaon? How are we going to keep Percy safe?"

Phoebe looks up "I have no idea. I guess it's going to be a wait and see kind of thing."

Line Break!

Percy's PoV

Gods the fates must really hate me. I was never supposed to be born so they may be punishing me for being born. My body feels like it's on fire but that means I am healing so thank gods for being a werewolf. I have been in this tent for a week and my wolf was scratching at my human shell to be free. My skin is itchy and the need to run is driving me crazy. I slowly sat up and stood.

"What in Hades are you doing!?" Zoe comes barging in.

"I have to run I haven't shifted forms in a week and it's driving me crazy!"

Zoe grabs my shoulders and forces me to sit down "You aren't fully healed so no."

I growl in irritation "I need to! It's like the wolf inside is trying to claw it's way out of my human form. My natural form is the wolf not human! I. Am. Going!"

Zoe stairs down at me and I growl again. "Perseus! Don't you dare growl at me!"

I stood up and pushed past her. I started running then shifted into my wolf form. I sigh mentally in relief and run into the woods to hunt. Being stuck in my human form made my wolf side very agitated so I will have to be careful to not explode on anyone at the hunters camp. Running is exhilarating as a wolf. The sounds  smells, and the feel of the forest beneath my paws felt great. I smelt a herd of deer near by and run in the direction of the delicious smell. I killed a female and ate. I stopped when I heard leaves rustle. A charcoal wolf came barreling towards me at full speed. I howled and charged to meet the werewolf at full force. Not in my best judgment, I might add. Our jaws snapped at each other to find a weak spot until another werewolf that was cream colored knocked into me, pushing me to the ground. The charcoal one shifted forms holding the same kind of syringe as the last attacker had. The cream-colored wolf kept fighting me until I yelped in pain as the other pushed the syringe into my neck.

He laughed "I thought this would've been more challenging because this pup is the child of Lycaon and Lupa! Thanks, James we should take him to Lycaon now. He should be well sedated."

James shifted "Alright let's go!" I couldn't keep my eyes open and let the darkness take over. The last thing I remembered was bing lifted and carried. Oh, gods I should have listened to Zoe and stayed at the hunters camp. I guess I will meet my father Lycaon a werewolf with only blood on his mind for he hunts demigods as a sport.

yay! A chapter is up and done! Kind of short but the next one will be longer I promise. What will happen with Lycaon and Percy?  Please, commentI love to hear all of y'all's thoughts. Until next time have a good day a school or work!

Love, Purpllittleninja