Chapter 13

Zoe's POV:

I woke up all packed and ready for the quest when I noticed Percy wasn't outside of our cabin. I quickly went to Phoebe and Bianca "Has thou seen Percy?"

Phoebe looked up "I thought he was still sleeping." She went deep in thought before a worried look came upon her face "he was complaining about how bad he smelled."

"He wouldn't know how the showers work I mean he has lived in the wild most of his life. Oh, gods you don't think he would..."

We took off towards the ocean hoping no one was there watching him. Because let's face it the Aphrodite girls would do anything to get his attention. Phoebe and I ran to the ocean and stopped dead when we saw Percy washing him self. Thank gods you couldn't see anything. I looked and saw some of the Aphrodite kids just staring at a completely oblivious Percy. I stomp over to them "what are you doing? Don't you have anything better to do?"

Before Drew could answer I stomp over to the water "PERCY! What are you doing?"

He looked over at me "I stunk and what's the matter? Is this not what humans or demigods do?" He looked so confused. I guess living in the wild they don't know much about what mortals do.

Phoebe snorted but quickly stopped when I glared "No we humans use showers to get clean."

He tilted his head to the side "Oh I don't know what a shower is. But okay I will get out now then."

He went to start walking out of the water and I held my hands up "No! don't step out when people are here!" His face turned bright red when he saw all the girls giggling behind me. He smiled and quickly shifted into his wolf. Before I could blink he ran snarling at the girls making them scream in fear.

No sooner they all ran away screaming. I shook my head in disappointment while Phoebe laughed "that was great! Percy, you should scare them away more often."

He turned and picked up his pants before running behind a tree. He came back in his human form. He smiled showing off his sharp fangs "so what is this shower that humans use?"

Phoebe started to push Percy who was struggling to put his shirt on "We will show you when we take a break during our quest. Now we are getting in a car and rescue Artemis and Annabeth."

Just when the car came into view Percy started to slow. He planted his feet in the ground when we met up with Thalia and Bianca who are standing by a car. Thalia smirked as Percy screamed, "No You are not putting me in that metal beast!"

I laughed "Percy it's not a beast. It's a car and it won't hurt you I swear."

Thalia laughed and squished Percy's cheeks together "awe the poor puppy is afraid of getting in a car? Oh, and did you have a nice bath?" She started laughing before finishing the sentence.

Percy growled and Thalia snorted "I am not afraid of a little growl." He took a deep breath and finally hopped in the van. Let's just say a two-hour drive with a freaked out werewolf is not really fun. Percy left claw marks in the nice leather seats and that made the driver never want to do his job again.

"I am really sorry about the window and your seats." Phoebe started explaining but the driver held his hand up.

"You pay extra for the damage."

Before we could argue Percy walked to the driver and snarled "you leave and don't complain or say anything about what you saw. You understand me? Or I will personally sniff you out and rip your insides out from your body." The driver's eyes went wide and quickly drove off.

Thalia walked over "you Percy are now my favorite person or umm... Wolf, I guess."

He smirked "Glad that I could be of service." He looked up at the sky "full moon is in two days I can feel it. What are we going to do about that?"

Bianca smiled "We already planned for that. there is a big field that is a days travel from here with plenty of animals and trees so you can shift and run happily. All we have to do is cross the junkyard."

Thalia frowned "What happens on a full moon?"

"Well um I kind of lose control and it's the most painful shift because it's like the human side of me is being ripped apart by my wolf."

"oh... sounds painful."

"Very so I suggest that you stay in a tree so I won't kill you." We started walking to finally find Artemis. I hope she is okay. I put my hand on a carved wolf necklace that Percy made for me when he was little before being taken by his father.

There was a distant howl that seemed to echo. Percy stopped and turned as if the one who howled was standing in the shadows. I looked over at him "what is it Percy?"

His face showing no emotion as he looked at us "we need to keep moving." He shifted as he walked and he kept flickering his ears as if he is listening to a conversation that only he can hear. I can't help but worry that he will again have to leave to join his father's pack. We all know a wolf without a pack is a dead one.

TIME SKIP! They already fought the Nemean lion and Bianca has died since they traveled through the junk yard.

Percy sighed once again as we started weaving through the trees "I can't believe that Bianca is dead. I promised her brother that I would keep her safe. Plus I smell like the stupid giant cat still."

Thalia smiled a little "She is in a better place and you do stink."

He growled "leave me alone and go climb a tree before the moon rises and you might want to plug up your ears. I don't want to scare you."

Phoebe lead us to a huge tree "Alright start climbing we have five oh and I have clothes Percy that I will lay out for you." He nodded before running a little further away that is almost out of sight. He sat down without his shirt on and looked up.

Thalia looked toward him "is it really painful for him to shift?"

I looked over to her branch that she tied herself to "yes he said it's like your mind ripping apart and you are burning from the inside out." After I finished Percy's screams filled the silence.

Thalia's POV:

I took a deep breath as I listened to Percy scream. The trees seemed restless as if they were reaching towards him to comfort him. Even the water in the small pond reacted. I heard he was blessed by Poseidon and was given the power over water and could breathe underwater. Sadly he couldn't heal himself with water like the stupid son of Poseidon who I swear is going to turn evil some day.

I closed my eyes only to snap them back open when Percy's screams turned into growling. I saw his black shiny fur stalk through the trees to an unsuspecting deer. I turned around not want to watch as he ate. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him since once a month he loses all self-control and is in a lot of pain.

 Zoe said he wouldn't hurt another from his pack since wolves have a strong bond with each other. Humans, on the other hand, can't really share that connection on a full moon. Sure yes he was raised by the hunters but Zoe even has proof that he is just as wild as any other werewolf. Plus only Zoe, Phoebe, and Artemis could get through to him when he wolfs out when he is scared or angry. I guess you can't take the wild out of the wolf or in this case werewolf.

Thanks for reading! Please comment I'd love to know what you'd think.