Chapter 27

Percy's POV:

I looked at Annabeth who was sound asleep next to me. Her hair still smelled of smoke from the campfire. The nightmares still plagued our nights. If it wasn't me, it was her, her heart rate going a mile a minute and she would start to whimper in her sleep. Of course, with my hearing, I will always wake up the second her heart starts beating fast.

I brushed my fingers through her soft blond hair. She looked so peaceful when she slept, Nyla and Bear were sharing the cabin next to the Poseidon cabin that the campers built for them. I could hear their slow breathing. Being exiled put Nyla down in the dumps, she felt almost alone, but I think Bear seemed to help her cope. He felt it too, but he's stayed strong for her. He would do anything for Nyla and so would I. I kept her safe from our father's wrath but I abandoned them when she needed her older brother the most.

I refuse to let that happen again so we will form a pack like no other, all the lone wolves we can find we will gain in numbers and be the pack that others can come to for guidance and answers. Nyla and Bear are to head out in two days to search for those who have no one left to lean on. Those who have been trampled on by my father, I may be an exiled prince, but I will bow to no one anymore especially a power-hungry king. There doesn't need to be killing or even hunting down the poor helpless demigods. We still had no clue what Lycaon was planning. We are playing the waiting game, like cattle waiting for slaughter.

Annabeth stirred, "Percy, you're awake?" Her eyes opened lazily.

I kissed her forehead, "yeah, I've been up for about an hour."

"Why didn't you wake me?"

I nudged her neck with my nose, "because you looked so peaceful, this was the first night you slept the whole night."

"You know the war is over now." She sat up and slung her legs over my waist.

I smiled, "it is, are you sure you want this. It's a curse, not a gift, and from what I've heard being bitten is harder to control the killer instincts. It could even kill you."

"Well, I'm sure, and I'm pretty sure I will be strong enough. So, what does it feel like when you shift?"

I thought for a moment, I've never been a human, I was born not bitten. "I don't know how to explain it; I've never felt the sensation of not being a werewolf. If I had to explain it, I guess I would say, it makes you feel almost unstoppable and a rush if that makes sense."

She kissed my chin then up my jaw, "how should I spend my last day as a normal demigod?"

"I can think of some things because touch, taste, smells, and sight will all be different."

She hummed, "maybe we should start with touch." Her hands rubbed up and down my chest when she said that. My eyes met hers, and I could smell exactly what she wanted.

"I think I can arrange that." She screeched when I rolled us where I hovered over her in one swift moment.

Time Skip Annabeth's POV:

Percy and I walked through the dense trees in the forest off of camp. Nyla and Bear went off looking for others in need of a pack. I looked over at Percy, "do you know if it's going to hurt? What will it feel like?"

He frowned, "from what I've heard it burns, your temperature will rise and well the first shift is like a full moon. It won't be pleasant, are you sure you still want to go through this?"

I held my head up, "I'm strong Percy, I will be able to handle it."

He smirked and mumbled, "I know you will." He stopped in the middle of a clearing, "this should work. So, the first shift is usually the hardest to control so I will be right here if you decide to go bloodthirsty on some campers. Ready?"