Chapter 26

Annabeth's POV:

I stirred when Percy started mumbling in his sleep. I quickly started to try to wake him up, but he shot straight up, his eyes wide with panic. "Percy, it was just a dream. We are out; we are safe." The nightmares are getting worse. If it wasn't him having a flashback, it was me. The only issue is that when Percy has his flashbacks, he starts to turn. He's already scratched me once trying to get away from me.

"I need some air." He quickly shoved a shirt over his head and ran to the deck.

"Percy!" I scrambled after him. He was leaning over the railing heaving up whatever was in his stomach. "Percy, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I almost shifted. I just had a bad dream."

I rubbed his sweaty back, "what happened in the dream?"

He shook his head. "It was about being down in the pit; I'm fine though. Go back to sleep you need it."

"I don't want to leave you alone." His green eyes reflected light making it seem like they glow.

His forehead rested on mine, "Go to sleep I'll be right behind you, I promise."

"You better."

I looked back once before entering the cabins, Percy rested his cheek on his hands looking down at the calming water. For someone who was adopted by Poseidon, he doesn't use his powers as much. He says it was practically a curse to the pack for him to have so much power. He was forbidden to use them when he went to the pack. All that power stored away only to build and could potentially explode, wanting to be unleashed.

I knew he felt it; he uses his power to control water to release some of the tension. As he said like his animalistic side which calls to him to be unleashed so does his power. The sea doesn't like to be tamed much like the beast that lays under that false skin.

*Time Skip* Percy's POV:

We finally finished the war. The Romans and Greeks created a peace treaty, and Nico was reunited with Hazel. He couldn't shadow travel anymore for a while, as he put it doctors orders. Annabeth leaned against the door frame of the bathroom in my cabin.

"So what is your brilliant plan for creating your own pack?"

"Well, we still don't know why my father keeps turning people, and it's not safe for lone wolves to be out. We could eventually create a pack, but for now Bear and Nyla need time to adjust."

She thought for a moment, "we need to think of how we are going to remove that bounty on you."

"Well, faking my own death is out of it since I still have a connection to him that I try to keep blocked."

"Can't you sever it?"

I shook my head, "we are blood Annabeth you can't sever that bond."

"We will figure something out. In the meantime how about we go celebrate winning the war?"

"Sounds fun I still don't understand why we celebrate winning."

She rolled her eyes, "you never understand parties."

We walked to the pavilion where many were talking and eating. The camp was going through rebuilding everything to what it once was. Leo was still missing; he wasn't dead as Nico said. He just couldn't sense where he was. Nyla and Bear sat off on the edge with quizzical facial expressions. I walked over to them, "it's called a party where they celebrate together their win."

Nyla frowned, "humans are weird, I mean we celebrate things but not like this. I don't understand what that sound is for."

"It's called music; it's a type of art that human use for entertainment. It's weird trust me. Songs are quite odd especially the topics they sing about."

"Percy, is this what it feels like to be severed from the pack?" Her eyes watered and Bear's face tightened.

I looked down, "yeah, it's odd when you can't feel their presence. He blocked the connection didn't he?"

She nodded, "Father spoke to me saying we were to be exiled and never to return. He is still looking for you; he wants your head."

"I know. The loneliness will subside. Remember you still want me to create a pack, and we can create a better pack. One that doesn't punish for stupid crimes or so-called wrongdoings. We can create a sanctuary for lone wolves to be part of a pack once again."

Bear sighed, "that would be nice. A pack that will be looked up to for generations."

I smiled, "well come on you two. It's time to have your first human celebration; you have to try a type of drink that they call soda."

"Soda is an odd name for a drink. What is it?" Nyla asked.

"It's hard to explain. Just gotta try it."

Annabeth's hair seemed to glow from the fire that was lit in the front of the festivities. Her smile was bright as she talked with the seven. We were all a little ragged from the war, but we all can still smile. It made my heart race thinking of Annabeth and I being together for eternity. Though the thought of the bite possibly killing her if her body isn't compatible would ruin me. I wouldn't be able to live on without her. But a promise is a promise, and I will follow through.

Nico and Will were holding hands and smiling. Their scents were thoroughly mixed together. I still don't understand why humans act weird when a male is with a male. In a pack that's completely normal for the same sex to be with each other even if it's for one day on a full moon. Annabeth looked over at me and waved me over. Her voice caught my ears and only mine, "quit being a creeper and come join us. Then maybe go sit by the beach together."

She was amazing and all that I could have asked for. Listening to her, I walked over to the group who were all laughing and smiling with joy. Nyla and Bear were dancing and laughing like the others around them. For the first time in a while, everything that pressed down on me disappeared. Plans for a future are now possible and something to look forward to.