Chapter 8

Percy's POV

The sun finally rose and the pain is gone. My heart was pounding in my chest and my body quaking. All I could do was breath but even that caused pain. The door creaked open and the sunlight rushed in. Blinking rapidly to rid the dots dancing around my vision my father stood, leaning against the wall watching me with a sickning smile.

He walked over to me and unchained my wrists. He laughed as I collapsed to the ground from the sudden movement. He threw a bucket of water down with soap and a towel "clean up! I can't let the pack see you look like that if you're my son." he then put clothes down before leaving me alone.

I slowly sat up and washed the dried blood off my body. A whine escaped my lips when I saw all the scars that covered my body and will never fade away like a memory. I sighed as I put the dark jeans and white t-shirt on and stood. I walked over to the door and opened it slowly. My breath caught when I took in the sight.

We were near mountains that you could see from the distance. The smell of flowers and the crisp air surrounded me. I could hear a river near by that made my mouth feel like a desert. Birds flew by and other animals could be heard from the distance.

I felt a hand on my shoulder "beautiful isn't it?" Lycaon's voice broke the trance I was in.

I nodded in agreement watching all the other werewolves run or bask in the sun. "Well let's get moving and introduce you to everyone and then you will meet your sister." The way he spat the word sister with so much venom made my blood boil.

There were so many werewolves gathered around Lycaon and I with curious expressions. Lycaon stood tall a sheer threat to others who dare try to overpower him. That is what an alpha is to him; someone to fear. He smiled showing his sharp canines "this is my eldest child Perseus!" I cringed at my full name, gods I hated it so much.

My breath caught when I saw the two wolves who helped torture and took me from the hunters. They had wicked smiles plastered on their faces like the knew something I didn't. After announcing me to the pack Lycaon took me by the ear pulling me close "Make one move and I will make your life a living hell." His words were filled with so much hatred and I knew he was speaking the truth.

He started walking away "come on! You wanted to meet your sister right? You also will be watched over by Stella your sister's mother." I quickly followed him to a large tree with two were sitting under it. The woman that I am guessing was Stella who had platinum blond hair and warm brown eyes. The thing that caught my eye was a scar on her lip that ran under her jaw.

Lycaon turned around and walked away. As soon as he left a little girl with platinum blond hair walked out from behind her mother. She squealed and rushed to pull me in a hug. "I couldn't wait to finally meet you!" She was about two years younger than me (So she's eight). When she pulled away from me her golden eyes met my matching ones. She smiled up at me "my name is Nyla."

"Perseus but just call me Percy." She smiled and nodded.

She took my hand "come on! you have to meet Bear!"

she pulled me along the meadows to a lone boy that looked to be her age laying down in the soft grass. I heard him take a deep breath like he was smelling the air before he sat up. "NYLA! Wait who's that?" He had brown hair and brown eyes.

She laughed "My brother you idiot. His name is Percy. Percy this is Bear who happens to be my best friend."

He smiled when she said that he was her best friend "well glad to meet ya. Hey, you guys want to race?"

I smiled knowing we would be in wolf form. Nyla smiled wide "Yes, we all shift on three. One, Two, THREE!"

All three of us started sprinting forward. I jumped in the air and shifted before I hit the ground. Nyla and Bear did the same and the only thing that could be heard was our paws hitting to soft earth. I looked behind me and saw Nyla's white fur shining in the sun and Bear trying to nip the back of my legs. His brown paws stretched out before they hit the ground. I picked up speed as Nyla ran next to me.