Chapter 22

Annabeth's POV:

I led Leo to the Heptus cabin. He grinned from ear to ear seeing all of his half-siblings building things. One thing stood out to me and him. Leo went straight to the armour they were working on to fit Percy's wolf form. It was beautiful, the metal was celestial bronze but painted a light grey with sea green painted on the little engravings. He picked up the headpiece, "um guys this isn't for a human. Why are you making this?"

I smiled, "it's for Percy he's a werewolf. So this armor is going to be for him if they can figure out how to have it disappear or change shape like Percy does."

"I thought Percy was a demigod."

"Half. The other half is a werewolf."

He laughed, "Annabeth werewolves don't exist."

A frown pulled at my lips. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him to where Nyla and Bear were hanging out in the sun. Nyla didn't even look over, "yes, Annabeth?"

"How'd you do that?"

Nyla turned to the new voice, "oh you're one of the new campers for the prophecy. I'm Nyla Percy's sister."

Leo smirked, "are you also a werewolf?"

I took a step back, "Leo be careful what you say."

Nyla smirked and Bear kept looking back and forth between them, "yeah and what of it?"

"Prove it." I face palmed.

Nyla stood and pretended to stretch, "fine I'll prove it."

"Nyla-" Bear stopped mid-sentence when Nyla turned and lunged at Leo.

He leaped back screaming, "oh my gods! Get away!"

Bear laughed, "dude you look like you're going to piss yourself. Relax Nyla won't kill you. Probably."

Leo gulped down air, "Annabeth! Why didn't you tell me?"

I rolled my eyes, "Leo I warned you. Turn back Nyla." She shook her fur and did what I said.

"Humans are so annoying."

Leo smiled, "how do you do it? Are you one too? Were you always like that?"

"One at a time. Plus yes Nyla and I are werewolves. We were born not bitten." He said bitten like it was a dirty word.

Nyla shrugged, "I just do it. All I need to do is think of shifting and it happens. Although, sometimes the shift is forced if I am hurt, afraid, or angry, oh, and the full moon."

Leo frowned, "I wonder where do your clothes go when you change?"

"We aren't sure yet that's why my cabin is trying to help your siblings figure that part out. We do know that silver can't pass through where ever their clothes go. But silver burns them and prevent the shift."

Leo looked over the two, "Could you do it again? Are they making armour for you two?"

"Yeah, they are working on it. Leo, I'm tired and I would like to sit and relax before I go back searching for my idiot brother." Her nose crinkled when he stepped closer.

"Please! I've never seen something like this before! I want to know how it works!" She growled and Bear grabbed her arm pulling her back.

"Nyla calm down it's the full moon talking. I'm sorry Leo maybe next time." I grabbed Leo's arm and pulled him away.

"Annabeth come on! I need to go back and talk to them."

"Leo you will get your face ripped off. Now we need to build a giant wolf proof cage on the argo so Percy can shift on a full moon safely."