Chapter 9

Percy's POV

I sat in silence looking at nothing. I could only think of what I have done, I killed a human. Nyla sat with me knowing I needed time before I acted normal again.

She looked up at me with her wide yellow eyes that reflected mine "Percy you have to snap out of it. Mom says it isn't healthy for you to do what you're doing! You're scaring me, even Bear!"

I closed my eyes and sighed "I am sorry Nyla I didn't mean to scare you. Want to go race and scare the fur off Bear?"

Her face lit up "YES! Let's go!" She stood up and the wind blew her hair behind her. She took off running "hurry up slow poke! I am going to win no matter what!"

I took off after her "oh no you don't! I refuse to lose against you!"

She laughed as she shifted but tripped over her paws. I laughed and shifted catching up to her. Stella said we were the fastest of the pack and could easily out run the Alpha (our father). I was winning but Nyla was keeping up my pace. I picked up speed and pushed my ears back.

"No Fair Percy! You're bigger than me!" Nyla's voice echoed in my head.

"Not by much Ny. You just have to pace yourself." We bantered back and forth before collapsing in the warm sun.

Nyla looked over at me "do you still miss the hunters? I know it's only been a week but do you want to leave?"

My ears flickered "Yeah but if I leave I will take you and Bear with me. Dad is cruel to you and me."

Nyla gave a wolfish grin "good I don't want to be left behind and live a day without my all mighty big brother. Ready to go scare the fur off of Bear?"

I stood and shook my fur "yes let's go!" We took off in the direction of where Bear was sleeping in the sun. Most of the werewolves were either sleeping or hunting for the pack. We usually ran at night so humans don't see us.

Nyla nudged my shoulder with her nose as Bear came into view. "on the count of three we pounce." Nyla said.

I decided to count "1..2..3!"

Bear yelped in surprise He shifted into his human form "I almost peed myself! Don't do that!" Nyla and I shifted before falling in the grass laughing.

Nyla took a deep breath "that was so funny! Bear you should have seen the way you jumped!"

Nyla and I high fived or whatever the human call it. I dodged Bear's fist as he tried to hit my face "man, Bear you need to work on speed." As soon as those words left my mouth Bear tackled me. We were wrestling as Nyla laid in the grass watching us.

Bear had me in a head lock "take it back Percy!"

I only laughed before biting his hand. He let go and were back on the ground. I pinned him down and smiled "I win!"

Nyla sighs "you two are nuts." We both bust out laughing until we saw my dad walking over to us and he looked well scary.

Nyla cowered behind me and Bear. Lyacon stood looking at me and Ny before he grabbed Nyla's hand. She screeched in fear before being slapped on the cheek "it's time for your lesson and then it will be your turn!" He pointed at me.

"why? What did we do?" Nyla squeaked

"You guys woke half of the pack and scared our pray away!"

I stood "Wait it's my fault! I told Nyla to play over here not her!"

He looked over at Nyla then me before releasing her and grabbing me "You get both yours and her punishment." I gulped and nodded before he started yanking me away. I looked back and saw Nyla crying holding onto Bear who gave me a look of concern.

...Time Skip...

I now know why Nyla was so scared to have a lesson. My bum still hurt from what he did to me. I had bite marks on my legs and stomach. I laid with Stella who was rubbing my hair telling me it's okay. I had tears running down my face as my body shook from what happened.

Nyla sat next to me watching with a pained expression. But I will gladly do what I did again so Nyla won't have to go through this. She told me he did this to her all the time when she misbehaved. I didn't dare tell her the deal I made with our father.

I closed my eyes reliving the moment

I was curled in a ball as Lycaon kicked me, telling me I was a mistake and was worthless. He touched me and did things that I never what to speak of. The sound of the whip echoed in my ears.

"This is what you get for taking Nyla's place! This would have been her and all you would have is a few beatings but I guess you will do." That's what he told me. He would do this to her.

He grabbed my face to look into my eyes after I mumbled, "what was that?"

I spoke clearer "I will take Nyla's place when we get in trouble. You can do whatever you want with me but leave her alone."

He agreed with my terms before smacking me "Know your place! Don't speak to me like that! I am your Alpha!"

I opened my eyes and looked back at Ny. I will have to tell her at some point but I did what needed to be done. Stella looked down at me "you need sleep little pup. You're burning up because your body is trying to heal itself. So sleep."

She was right because my body was burning because of my wolf blood. Our body heat skyrockets as we heal at an unnatural pace. I know the bite marks will be small scars that will be barely noticeable when I wake.

I felt my eyelids grow heavy. My last thought was I will protect you Nyla. Bear too since he is like a brother to me

Almost caught up with my fanfiction.net account! Only six more chapters until I will update with my fanfiction.net account. So let me know what you think about the next chapters since I will be going through all the prophecies or at least parts of them so let me know what you'd like to see written.

Lots of love,

Purplelittleninja.