Chapter 18

Percy's POV: (We are on the next Book. Battle of the labyrinth)

"Percy!" Annabeth came running up to me and pulled me into a hug. I stuck my nose into her neck and took a deep breath. It's been months since I've been with my father to see my sister. It was not a good welcoming. I was punished for abandoning the pack.

"Hey, Wisegirl." I smiled at her when she pulled away. A frown pulled at her lips.

"Percy what happened to your lip?" Her hand reached up to touch the bruise that formed on my cheek and bleeding lip.

My eyes drifted down to my feet, "it was as my fa- alpha put it, my goodbye present."

She bit her lip, "Why did you go back? Is your sister okay?"

I smiled, "Yeah she's fine but I went back because Chiron and I have made a plan. My father has eyes on helping Kronos revive and well I made a deal with him to come back when the school year starts for humans. I need to gain his trust so we know everything and have a plan."

"Who knew Percy Jackson could be so smart." She joked. She smiled and pulled me to the pavilion.

"I am very smart, usually."

"Says the one who didn't know what a shower was and took a bath in the ocean."

My hands flung up "That was one time! Can't you give me a break I lived in the wild, not a human world."

"We aren't technically human Percy. We are demigods, not some mortals."

I rolled my eyes, "whatever Annie same thing. So, what's this quest I've been so humbly asked to help you with?"

Her heart skipped a beat, "The Labyrinth. We are going into the labyrinth."

"Why are we going into that death trap?"

"When we were playing this stupid game that Quintin created I found the entrance to the labyrinth and we think that is how Luke got in our camp."

I nodded "So we are going to stop him. Do you have an idea on how to navigate?"

She turned towards me "hopefully you since you have a good sense of smell and can see in the dark."

I scratched the back of my neck, "I don't know wisegirl I've heard rumors in the pack that the labyrinth has some sort of power that removes all sense of smell and feeling that werewolves usually have that helps them navigate. Who else are we taking?"

"Grover and Tyson who is, well I guess your step brother."

"This is nuts but alright let's gear up." I pulled Riptide from my pocket and reached in my backpack. I pulled out several silver daggers.I gave one to Grover

I gave one to Grover, "Why do I need this?"

"In case I lose control so you want to aim here." I pressed the dagger at my throat "or when I go to bite you put it through my head or any vital point." He gulped but pulled the dagger in to his jacket. After meeting Tyson I decided against giving him a dagger and Annabeth made sure he didn't get one.

"Alright, Annabeth are you ready to go?" Chiron trotted up to all of us.

"Yep, Let's get this over with."

(A/n I am not rewriting the books so I am going to skip quite a few parts)

Well let me just say Annabeth attacked me when I came back from Calypso's island. Here's how it all went down. I kissed Annabeth at Mt. St. Helens and well I cause the whole place to explode and almost killed myself. Plus I was missing for weeks and was thought to be dead well they got quite a surprise when I suddenly showed up. Di I mention I kissed Annabeth? Anyways back to the topic. I watched them burn a shroud that held the trident of Poseidon.

Annabeth looked up "Percy?"

I smiled "Hey Wisegirl, um I'm not dead!" Her face turned red from anger and the smell of it made me take a step back.

"I thought you were dead! Where were you?" Her knife was at my throat.

I gulped, " Ogygia. I was dying and I somehow ended up there."

Her hand moved and with my reflexes I stopped her knife from piercing my stomach. I grunted as she pushed her weight into it. "I thought you died, Percy! How could you leave me that long?"

I twisted her around and brought her to the ground with me on top of her. I pushed her hands above her head "Like I said, I somehow ended up there and couldn't find my way off of the island. I was lost." A growl erupted from my throat. "Can I let you go now? Others are staring."

She nodded her head and I stood up. Right, then her hand made contact with my face. "That was for leaving me so long."

"Gods Annabeth that hurt!"

"Percy you're a werewolf a slap from a demigod wouldn't even give you a bruise. Now give me a hug you idiot." I pulled her in my arms and stuck my nose up to her neck breathing in her scent.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned my head only to see Chiron "I am glad you are okay Percy. Come we must talk."

I told him and Annabeth everything that I learned and how to get through the maze. Mrs. O'leary was waiting for me. We sort of had a special bond and Annabeth thinks it's because of me being a werewolf. After our talk I went and spent some time with Ms. O'Leary who I learned loves to lick.

I looked at the cabin I was allowed to sleep in but decided against it. The wolf side of me needed release. I passed the Athena cabin and went to the edge of the forest. I released a strangled gasp as I transformed for the first time in two weeks. I growled when I heard the leaves rustling. I stopped when Annabeth came into view. She sat in the grass leaning against a tree. She looked over at me "sorry for slapping you."

I trotted over to her and laid down with my head on her lap. I closed my eyes when I felt her finger comb through my fur. I nuzzled against her stomach. "It's fine. You were upset."

She released a breath "good I'm glad you knew I was mad. It hurts doesn't it?"

I raised my head and tilted it to the side. "When you don't shift after a certain amount of days." I sat up and shifted back to human knowing talking as a human would be easier.

"Yeah, at least the other campers trust me now."

"After the summer is over do you really have to go back?"

I frowned knowing she meant going back to my father, "I do. Annabeth having a pack gives my kind a meaning and it's not easy to leave one either. Especially one you're supposed to inherit. Plus my sister Nyla is there I have to protect her."

"Even if it means you get hurt?"

I nodded my head "I would die for my friends and family and whatever he does to me will be worth it."

"Just don't die on me, Percy. You are supposed to save Olympus so don't do anything stupid tomorrow."

I smirked at her "No promises." She whacked my shoulder and leaned into me as we sat against the tree under the stars. I looked up at Zoe's constellation in sadness. I pulled out Riptide and held it close as Annabeth's breaths slowed signalling that she was falling asleep. I pulled her into my arms and took her back to her cabin. Malcolm took her inside while I went back to the spot we were sitting at and fell asleep in my wolf form.

Lot's of Love,

Purplelittleninja