Thomas Imagine

This is a Thomas imagine for @IloveBookandmovies ! I hope you like it!

*Y/N P.o.V.*

I wake up. I don't open my eyes though, I can't. My eyelids are so heavy. Come to think of it, my whole body feels heavy, I feel totally drained and exhausted. I feel like I've been sleeping for years. I don't know why though. I try to figure it out. I try to figure anything out. I can't remember anything; I don't know what's going on.

I shoot up out of bed, snapping my eyes open, forcing myself to look around the room. I'm on a silver metal table, and I suddenly become aware of how cold it actually is. There's nothing else in the room but a metal door with no handle and a camera in the corner, and I'm wearing nothing but a white gown. I rush over to the door, I bang my fists on it. I scream at the camera to let me out, to tell me what's going on.

After what feels like an hour of banging on the door and yelling at the camera, I walk back over to the table and sit on it. I try to make sense of what's going on, but I can't remember much. I remember my name, and I remember that I was in some sort of place, called the Glade, which was surrounded by a giant maze. I don't remember anything else about the place though.

While lost in thought, I hear the grinding of gears, and look up to see the door opening. A stern looking woman walks in. She's tall, and her hair is tied into a tight bun on top of her head. She has wire rimmed glasses perched on the bridge of her nose. She walks into the center of the room so she's standing in front of me, and then studies me.

"My name is Alexandra," she says to me. "Do you remember your name?"

"Yes," I reply, my voice cracking. "Yes. Y/N."

"Good, good, I'm glad," she says again, looking at me up and down. I suddenly feel self-conscious, and sit up straighter. "What else do you remember?"

"The-the place with the maze," I try to gather my thoughts, to put them into words. "The Glade, they called it. I don't remember anything else. Why can't I remember anything else?"

I think she can sense the panic in my voice, because she takes a step closer to me. "Y/N, it's for the best. The people there are bad, they tried to torture you; to make you like them. You need to understand that we saved you."

The way she says it makes me believe her, even though she hasn't proven anything. I can't think of a reason she would lie to me about it, so she must be telling the truth. I look at her, waiting for her to tell me more.

"Now, we need you to do something for us. We're going to send you back there -"

I cut her off. "If they're so horrible, why would you send me back?"

"Please," she continues, "just let me finish. We're going to send you back with the upper hand. You're going to do something for us there, and we'll keep protecting you. We just want to help you, to do what's best for you. They tried to take you from us, even though we raised you."

I look at her, try to see if there are any signs of lies. She looks just as poised as she did when she came in, nothing about her has changed. Nothing she has said has affected the pitch or tone of her voice. I don't know why I shouldn't believe her, she seems to be nothing but honest.

I nod my head, "What do you need me to do?"

"Well," she begins. "Usually we send people into the Glade without memories, and usually they're new people. We're going to send you in with your memories, and with a weapon. All you have to do is take out their leader, Thomas."

My stomach sinks, and I feel my face become pale. "You-you want me to kill him?"

She seems to ponder this for a moment. "Well, yes. But, just know, he deserves it. He wants to hurt us, to hurt you. We need someone to do it, and we know you will. You do this one thing for us, and we will offer you safety and protection; from everything."

I'm not totally sure what she means by everything, but I nod my head. I trust her; she would have no reason to lie to me about anything. "Okay," I say. "I'll do it."

**********

They send me up in an elevator like thing, with a knife strapped to my thigh. They remind me that these people think I'm their friend, that they'll remember me. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I do know who to look for. I only have one thing to do; kill Thomas.

I don't feel anything the entire ride up. I just sit there, totally lost in space, just thinking about the task I have to complete. Finally, the lift comes to a stop. I wait for the top to be lifted off, like Alexandra said it would be. I stand up just as the top opens, and I see him. He looks down at me with shock and recognition, but I can't say I'm feeling the same.

He lowers himself down into the box with me, and just looks at me. His eyes light up, and he hugs me. I gasp. "Y?N!" he exclaims. "I thought you were dead."

I don't say anything back, I don't hug him back either. My hand slowly reaches for the knife strapped to my thigh as he holds me at arms distance, just looking at me with a smile. I grasp the handle, trying not to think about how this boy doesn't actually seem evil at all. He looks at me with admiration, as if he's known me his whole life.

I don't know how I manage to do it, I don't feel anything the entire time, but I manage to grab my knife and bring it down into his stomach. By this point, a group of boys have gathered around the opening and are looking down in pure horror. I let go of the knife and fall backward. I scream, and I notice tears streaming down my face. I don't know why I did it, I don't know how. I instantly regret it.

Suddenly, everything goes black, and I feel like I'm floating.

-

-

-

So, that's the imagine! A bit of a cliff hanger, but oh well ;)

I hope you enjoyed it!