Chapter 5: Why Am I Being Ignored?! Part 1

*Griff POV*

Griff held his breath as he saw Zuri outside his window. He felt his cheeks burn as he peeked. 

"What are you observing?"

"AAAAGH!" Griff jumped and fell and hit his head. A groan escaped his mouth and he looked up to glare at Ravi. 

"WHY?!"

"Sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you."

Griff rubbed his neck. "Nah, it's okay. I'm fine. "

Ravi nodded. "Yes. After all, you did seem very busy spying on my sister."

It was like someone had hit Griff between the eyes. His whole face was probably red. "Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? No...I was just-...noooo..."

Ravi smirked. He wore his usual look: ready-to-go-and-get-into-a-college-from-the-1900s look. 

"There's nothing wrong with being attracted, Griff."

Griff shook his head violently. "I don't-. I wouldn't-. I can't-." The more he spoke, the more of an idiot he sounded.

Ravi grinned. "I'm not surprised, you know. Zuri may have done some pretty dangerous and annoying things, but she always had that attractive I'm-gonna-kill-ya sense on her. But you have that sense too. So I always had the suspicion that you and Zuri might grow to have feeling for each other."

Griff continued to shake his head. "Look, I like Zuri, but as a friend." But the moment he said it, he knew it wasn't true. 

Ravi gave him a smirk. 

Griff sighed. "Yeah, I didn't convince myself either."

 Ravi patted him on the shoulder. "I only have one thing to say. Good luck." He turned and walked out the door. 

Griff looked outside again. He felt his heart flutter. He felt happy and disgusted at the same time. 

"Help me..."