Chapter 12: Is It Too Soon?...

*Zuri POV*

Zuri felt her heart melt right there, at that very moment. Here she was, staring into Griff's brown amber eyes, but her face turned tiny shade of red as Tiffany continues to stare at her for a response. Griff is doing same thing.

When no sound came out, Tiffany gave up and looked at Griff.

"Well, are you dating now or not?" 

Griff blushed and rotated his fingers. "Well... um..."

The door of the bathroom creaked and revealed Emma and Lou with grim expressions.

"Well, we've decided that there is no need for a punishment, as long as Griff isn't too affected by the whole prank thing. We're just happy you're okay and well."

Griff nodded. "Don't worry. It didn't bother me."

Lou lay on her bed and let out a sigh. "Good. Sadly, it's REALLY bad out there. You'll have to  stay here with us. I'll text Xander about it right-"

"I'LL DO IT!!!" Emma rushed to get her phone.

Griff leaned on the wall. "So do I just sleep on the floor? "

Lou nodded.

*GRIFF POV*

Griff grabbed a blanket and pillow then wrapped himself on the floor.

He heard Zuri giggle. He turned to look at her with a mix of annoyance and playfulness. "What?" he asked her. 

Zuri pressed her lips together and laughter sparked in her eyes. "Hmmm? What? Nothing. I didn't say anything." 

Griff gave her a last look then laid on the floor and closed his eyes.

As he shut his eyes, an immediate image of Zuri popped in his brain. Then, he fell asleep. But something squirmed inside of his gut. That feeling when he sensed a cop. That feeling when he thought of his family. Something bad was going happen soon.