Sweet Misery

(Y/n)'s P.O.V
......................................................................................................................................................
My father passed away three months ago. My mother since that day complains about how I haven't eaten, slept, talked, nor gone out. How could I? I mean, I saw him die right in front of me. So, in order to cope with the whole situation, she has decided to send me to a town called "Gravity Falls", where a friend of my grandma lives. It is weird... I've tried looking for it on the internet and nothing has come out.

I told her I would go, for her sake. I don't like watching her days pass in sorrow, increased by her preoccupation I cause. If this is what she needs to finally move on, fine by me. I actually don't mind where am I, as long as I can sit in a tranquil place sometimes and think. She told me it was located in the middle of the woods: perfect place to hide.

I finished packing my things. Mom accompanied me to the train station that would lead to my unknown destiny. I tried to give one last big smile and waved goodbye. "Remember: no harsh work" she said and I nodded. Looking through the window of my sit, I see mom cross the air, sending her blessings at me and shading what I hope is her last year.

On my way intrusive thoughts such as "did I do wrong by leaving her?" and "I am already missing my bed" went through my mind until I fell asleep. Two hours later, the train stops. In front of me a man exactly as my grandmother described is standing up. He wears a black tuxedo, a fake patch, and a red fez. "You must be..." he begins. "(Y/n)" I finish. "Right. I am Stan but you can call me gruncle Stan!" I grab my luggage and get in the car.

After a while of driving, we end up in a place that has a big sign lighten up. "Mystery Hack?" I mumble. "What? Oh! Mystery Shack! The S is falling off. See, when I moved in - long time ago -, I turned my house into a tourist trap with trash that looks like mysterious creatures. They fall so easily!" he says within a laugh.

When at the door, I sigh, being ready for the long time I will be spending here... That is until a guy of brown shiny eyes, wavy chocolate hair, blue cap, and red shirt, opens it.

Maybe it won't be so bad.