Chapter 12

Not a single muscle in my body was okay. I didn't feel this pain when I was in the midst of battle. How'd the heck did my body turned so bad? I was jolted awake -like always since that unfaithful encounter- by my own screams of agony. The pack doctor said that I shouldn't lay on my back but on my side with the unharmed ear. Zach said that for the past 3 days I was sleeping in that position. 

I screamed once again by the excruciating pain in my back. It was everywhere from my neck to the place above my butt.

Please make it stop my wolf cried out.

I was also crying. It was like a thousand of broken glasses with thorns were being dabbed in my back repeatedly. I screamed once again, it was too painful to bear. My hands were crawled up in fists, my nails digging on my own flesh. I let another scream as the pain worsen. 

Finally, the pack doctor came in. She went beside me and examined my bare back. I groaned loudly trying to imprison my screams that are threatening to escape. "Why aren't you still healing?" She asked no one in particular as she dabbed some medicine on my back. It was 10 times painful, I was trying my best not to fall of the bed as I let out the loudest and most deafening scream I have ever done in my life. The pack doctor was rushing in and out of my room, bringing medicines which I am not aware of. I was like dying but was not allowed to. I just wish I could be killed and unconscious than to feel this agonizing state.

I couldn’t see clearly because my eyes were welled up. The pain was really too harsh on me. All I could do is look straight to the side, because looking was like pouring a gas on the raging flame. I felt someone hold my hand; he positioned himself right in front of me as he brushed the hair off my sweating fore head. 

"It's okay, you're going to be okay" Nathan said in a soft voice as he held my hand. Then another wave of pain hits me making me scream again. The doctor was panicking not knowing what to do as he injected me something. I suddenly felt very sleepy, that was anesthesia, for me to fall asleep, for a little while. 

Just kill me I thought as I drifted to a deep sleep

"What!?" someone shouted

"The sticky thing was like saliva, only more powerful" a girl’s voice replied. Who was that? Where am I? Why can't I open my eyes!?

"Damn" the voice muttered

"But the thing is...” the girls voice paused.

"What?" he whispered/shouted

"She was more at ease when you went, because she doesn't usually respond to any treatments I gave to her wounds only then." she said, sounding curious.

Treatment? Respond? 

Then it finally it me. I was in a hospital. My back. Those medicines... Nathan.

"Look look!" the girl shouted. I felt my bed move. As both their scents filled my nose.

"Hey hey, Nathalie" someone held my hands. The fingers were cold and shaky. Those same hands that hold me when I was in pain.

"Please squeeze my hand if you can hear me" his voice was too broken I just want it to go away. I tried to squeeze his hand and I think it worked as a gasp escaper on both their lips.

"Her brain's awake but the nerves won't respond to it" the doctor said as I heard some pencil chatting with a board.

Of course it won't respond I can't open my own eyes can't you see? And here I think my eyes couldn't respond but you didn't notice yours I mumbled inside my head.

Nathan laughed out of nowhere. What was that about? 

You're awake he said and I gasped inside my head. He can hear me? I faced palmed myself, please don't tell her, oh no.

He laughed again, proving me only more true. Yes, I can hear you and No, I won't tell 

"What's with you?" the doctor asked.

"I can talk to her, she's awake" I could feel him smiling.

The doctor paused and didn't say anything. After a moment she left.

What happened? I asked, assuming he'd hear me

I don't know either, she was at first shocked then nodded and left 

I didn't say anything instead I was silent.

This situation's pretty weird he said

What, you practically talking to a girl who's not physically awake or us talking in our mind while I'm physically not awake?

Both

Yeah I agree. But how could this be? I'm like half dead half alive. I'm 50/50 but he could talk to me?

Nothings could go any weirder that that.

*****

AN:

OH MY GOSH! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!? o.o

Thank you guys for your support. I was about to stop this story but you guys kind of stopped me by supporting this book. 

Thank you guys really ^_^

So please continue to...

Vote, Comment and Like

Lovelots