Chapter 29

Reminiscing the past and looking at the future.

I turned to find my neck stiff. My hand immediately went to my neck as I try to move, easing the pain. I must've slept in a horrible position. I slowly opened my eyes to see a TV in front of me. The memories of last night came back and I had to let out a small laugh. Nathan got angry about the incident and Luke let go of me the moment Nathan growled. I touched the side of my cheek as I remember the pain when my chin made contact with the ground. Stupid Luke.

We watched movies after we returned home, the Alpha's told us not to bother them as they 'talk'. We were watching and they were planning on how to keep the packs alive.

I suddenly felt the urge to leave and examine the town. The town where I decided never to visit again.

It's been 2 months since I've seen this town. Too many memories, painful ones.

I passed by David's spontaneous cafe, where I used to stop by with Laine, which was still alive by then and Luke 5 years ago. Laine always ignore the tiny bump at the entrance and she always kept tripping, and me, being a nice friend, became her cushion while Luke just stand there laughing his butts off. Ah, such a nice memory. I can still remember Laine's medium brown hair swaying as she skip happily into our favorite place, her blue eyes shining. But it was soon replaced by her eyes closed; she was wearing a white dress, her hair, still stained in a bit of blood.

I stopped for a moment and reminded myself to think happy thoughts. Suddenly Luke was on my mind. 

Yeah, he's alive.

I looked to my right where plenty of children were playing. I noticed the old swing set being ignored by children who walks happily to the new one. They might not like it, but me and my sister does. This is where we always play when our parents were out on a pack business. 

"Lily!" the 18 year old shouted at her little sister who was giggling as she run to their fun house. "You can never catch me!" she shouted as she jumped on the swing and started to pant. Her older sister went to her and made a 'tsk-tsk' sound. The little girl looked up at her innocently. "Don't run from me again, you might get killed!" she mimicked an angry mother of theirs and sat on the other swing. "I won't get killed." She said proudly, starting to swing. Her older sister snorted, "Alright you mighty warrior." she grabbed her little sister's arm and pulled her to her as she started to kiss her little angel in different parts of her face. "Stop it!" the little girl laughed as she placed her two hands into her sister's shoulder. 

Who knew that was the last memory of her. My last memory of her. No, I already promised not to cry, it only makes one person weak. And I have given up on that.

'When something close to you die, it's alright to cry, it means that you love them, that you care for them. But you shouldn't let it take you down forever, like a person; sadness isn't forever just like your hamster.' My sister's voice echoed through my head. It was when my first hamster died; it was stepped on by a kid.

I sighed and looked up at the sky. I made my way to the old swing set, ignoring the looks I'm getting from the other people. I sat on it and tried to swing. It made a squeaking sound so I decided to just sit still. 

She is right. Sadness is like a person, it doesn't last forever. We should always move on. (AN: This is an original quote from LeCelly.) But it doesn't mean we'll forget about them, it's just we'll keep in mind all those lessons learned. If I think about it, I kind of wouldn't be here if it weren't for the misfortunes of life. And who knows if I ever experience anything like that, I wouldn't be emotional, because I've already experienced being at the bottom of the endless sea.

****

AN:

So touching, *wipes imaginary tears* 

Well, there you go! It’s a bit of information about Nathalie's sister and best friend! Hope you like it *fingers crossed*

BYE! 

Lovelots.