Chapter 20

"Plus don't call me Alpha yet" he said, his well-known smirk on show. The show I have terribly missed. "Got to practice you know" Ryan went to him as they fist bump each other. As if remembering something, Ryan snapped his fingers then faced me. "Nathalie! This was the one I was telling you about." He put his arm around his neck. "Nathalie, meet Luke, and vice versa" 

I don't know what my reaction is but all I know is that I'm rooted to my place, my lips tight and my eyes, not blinking. "I know" he smiled at me. Not the smile he gives to everyone but the smile he have ever shown that was only for me. The smile that says 'I'm here'. The smile that comforts me and the smile I have fallen in love with.

Shock was an understatement. The next thing was unexpected. I was even shocked at how the feeling of sadness, anger and betrayal showed up. I thought that, all of these years IF he ever shows up, I'll be the happiest girl alive but why am I angry? Why do I feel hurt? I should be happy, glad; I should be partying right now. 

I wanted to cry, but not in front of them, so I made my way upstairs. "Excuse me" I mumbled but everyone heard it. By the time my feet touched the floor, my eyes started to get blurry as the tears starts to pour down on my face. Now I know why. 

I have accepted the fact.

I have moved on slowly and painfully. 

Telling myself everyday 'He's gone, there's nothing I can do about it'. Every single night I cried myself to sleep after the hard day of training. Every morning I'll wait in the porch, hoping that everything was just a stupid dream. I was just hallucinating. But the reality slammed into me like a thousand waves, telling me I can't bring yesterday back, that I had NO choice but to move on. 

He was my everything.

And when he was gone...

I had nothing.

But the fact that I had nothing isn't enough. The pain, the excruciating pain of losing the one you only loved was there. Reality hanging the banner in front of my face. 

I tried to move on alone, because the only person that could comfort me is gone.

I only made friends with Zach and Lara when I finally went out of my shell. 

Now, where's Lara?

She's gone.

It's like the Moon Goddess was enjoying my pain. He took Luke then Lara.

But I'm supposed to be happy 'cause Luke's still alive but, what about the nagging feeling that something was wrong?

I saw him, he was half way to the doors of death and now after a few years he's going to be the Alpha who who knows pack?

I sat on the side of the door. My sobs echoing through the empty halls. I was gripping my hair when someone sat beside me. I didn't bother to look up as the familiar scent filled me again. "First, the Garfield guy then now him?" he suddenly said out of nowhere. I sniffed before looking up to him half smiling. His eyes widen, shocked at my reaction. When he realized he was doing a great job he continued. "I mean... seriously. Can't I get jealous?" he huffed, trying to hide his laughter. "Thanks" I said. 

"Huh?"

"For trying to make me smile."

"Am I doing a great job?" Nathan asked.

"Actually, no."

I laughed so hard at his reaction, he was shocked and embarrassed at the same time and it didn't look good on him. REALLY. 

"Hey! Look at that! And you told me I haven't done a great job." he whined that earned more laughter coming from me. 

"You'll live." I said through laughs. He looked at me, his eyes shining. I returned the smile he gave as I say "Thanks, seriously"

"Well, at least I've done one thing right." he breathed out. Not looking at me.

I stood up and offered him a hand. 

I need to face what I'm scared of.

I need to see Luke.

****

2 upload in one day! yey! ^_^ 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

2014 HERE WE GOO!!!!!!!!!!!!