Chapter 27

“Nathalie.” Nathan said behind me for the hundredth time.

“I’m fine, seriously... just thinking that’s all.” I replied as I head out of the pack house and into the ‘battle arena’ which is the outside of the pack house, specifically, into the forest. Nathan still following me, who knows why, Last time I checked we were strangers, or worse.

“Nathalie.” He said again. I rolled my eyes as I sighed out of irritation.

“What!?” I snapped.  We stopped walking and are now in the middle of the forest.

He has this guilty expression on his face as he looked at me. “I-I’m sorry.” He stuttered.

Thinking of everything about him. He wasn’t like this when we met, he was harsher and... Bad I guess? Well, considering he rejected me, my perception is a tad bit rearranged. It’s like; he was changing every time I see him. Mentally and physically.

“So?” I snapped out of my thoughts as I answered him.

He looked at me with a determination plastered on his face. “I want you back.” 

Those four words repeating in my brain, as if on replay. “I want you back.” I said in Cher Lloyds ‘Want You Back’ tone. I smiled nervously and stupidly at him as my heart beats increase and my tummy turns upside down.

Stupid mate bond. Shouldn’t you be gone?

I turned around as fast as lighting shielding my face from his as my wolf shouts with joy. Shut up I muttered to her which she replied with a howl.

He grabbed my arm before I could take another step away. “I’m serious.” He said.

“And I’m angry.” I joked.

He cupped my chin and made me look into his mesmerizing eyes. I mentally groaned as I realize I complimented his eyes.

“Things aren’t working out with me and Shane.” He said. Shane?

Then one word clung unto my mind.

Rebound.

Is he using me as a rebound?

His face suddenly turned “No no no, I’m not using you as a rebound, it’s just my father was making me her mate and I just couldn’t.” he whispered the last part.

Oh holy macaroons. This guy here isn’t the Nathan Gabriel I have encountered. What happened to him?

“Who are you?” I said slowly and a bit accusingly.

He laughed at me “Your mate.” He said

Then I remembered again the first time we met, he rejected me so coldly then not long after saw he making out with Sasha, by the way, what happened to her?

“Earth to Nathalie, or should I say.. Lily.” He added a tone when he mentioned the nickname Luke said at the meeting.

“Huh?” I said, dumbfounded.

“What’s with you and Luke? It’s like you both have been the best of friends and best of lovers.” He coughed out the last part. My face was probably red that made him growl. What’s up with everyone nowadays?

I wiggled myself out from his grasp as I frowned. “You’re weird.”

“Its true then?” he said angry, like I wasn’t the one who was witnessed his never ending PDA with Shane and Sasha.

“Yes, why?” we were both shocked as Luke appeared out of nowhere and placed a possessive arm around me.

Seriously, when did everything turn out this way? How did things change so fast? It's like yesterday I just left Nathan's house and now... there's already war and... Two guys?

Love and War.. haha great combination for a huge headache.