Chapter 23

"Where have you been?" soon as I opened the door someone spoke. I opened the lights to see Luke in the couch. "What are you doing here?" I asked him, isn't he supposed to be on the other house. 

I forgot to tell you, he was staying here for some days. Alpha Gab invited (asked) them here. My father also told me some other pack will be helping us in the war. 

I'll tell you a little secret.

I don't know how this 'war' started. All I know is that I need to be in it. No Alpha was telling me. The weird thing was, ONLY me. 

Everyone was forbidden to tell me. They were even told not to mention it when I am, or not, around. All I know are the prophecy.

A land splitted in half,

An Alpha whose anger upon the ancestors,

Till now their hatred as sharp as razors,

Land and water shall crash,

Nothing will be left but colored ash,

A historical mistake,

Till the ... blank?  They will take...

I forgot about the middle of that sentence, my grandma was the one who told me about that, I was about to sleep when she continued it, that's why I don't have a clue about what the next lines will be.

I've read it in some history book. Apparently it was our pack's history book. My sister read it to me when she was alive. It was something about an Alpha who went insane about power. The other Alpha's decided to have a meeting about his situation and they decided to kill him, like he killed his pack. My great great great great great-and so on- grandfather was one the Alpha's who agreed to have him killed. The insane Alpha knew about it not long after the decision was made, so he tried to kill the Alpha's who were included in the meeting. 4 of them only survived, my great great great -you get it- grandfather was one of them. I forgot about anything besides that he killed 3 packs in a month and the humans aren't even included. 

He was killed but before his head was removed from his body, he swore that he will come back and get everyone related to them. 

I don't know if that was real or not but in anyway, it's somehow connected to the war. 

"I was waiting for you." he stood up before coming over to me. This moment was supposed to be a sweet one but the serious side of me got the control "Have you been training them?" I asked.  I was worried that the training wasn't enough. The mere thought of that killer 'Alpha' had me going nutz. 

He gave me a confused look before answering a bit awkwardly "Uh, yeah. Why? You scared that the training won't be enough?" he obviously read my mind.

I let out a nervous laugh as I reminisce about the mysterious girl and the. Thing... she was carrying. 

He hugged me and buried his head in my neck. The way he always does. "Don't worry about it, they're fine." there was a hint of nervousness in his voice but he covered it up immediately. 

"What are you doing?" I said a bit stiff as he sniffed me. "What?" he asked, playing innocent. "That" I repeated. "You smell good what can I say?" he said it so naturally it made me blush. Again. "S-st-stop it." I stuttered. He laughed before hugging me tighter. "Can't" *Pause* "Breathe*" I wiggled trying to get me out of his deathly grip.  

He let me out eventually before grinning. "So where do we sleep?" he sounded like a 4 year old boy who asked his mother where do he sleep. I laughed at the thought he was joking. He looked at me seriously "You're not gonna let me sleep out of the house are you?" his eyes scared, horrified even. 

And I guess that was the same look I had on my face when I noticed that he wasn't joking.